• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 or Big Navi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hello all.

I've just sold my 2080 for £500 (currently running onboard gpu now lol) and a spare 8700K for £200 for an upgrade to a 3080, but I've been hearing the flagship Big Navi is faster than the 3080 is this true? Should I save the money I've risen and wait for Navi? Cheers guys.

Associate
Hello all.

I've just sold my 2080 for £500 (currently running onboard gpu now lol) and a spare 8700K for £200 for an upgrade to a 3080, but I've been hearing the flagship Big Navi is faster than the 3080 is this true? Should I save the money I've risen and wait for Navi? Cheers guys.

You can't buy a RTX 3080 unless you get unbelievably lucky with F5 on a competitor website, or you preorder to get it in a several weeks or months time. Wait for the announcement on big Navi in 2 days.

As for "will it be faster?" On the benchmarks that have been 'leaked', it won in most tests, but lost on benchmark that emphasises Ray tracing, so who knows for sure. Best off waiting till independent reviews and testing.

Associate
OP
You can't buy a RTX 3080 unless you get unbelievably lucky with F5 on a competitor website, or you preorder to get it in a several weeks or months time. Wait for the announcement on big Navi in 2 days.

As for "will it be faster?" On the benchmarks that have been 'leaked', it won in most tests, but lost on benchmark that emphasises Ray tracing, so who knows for sure. Best off waiting till independent reviews and testing.

Agreed.

TrM

TrM

Associate
I say go which ever you want to myself. I can’t see amd totally beating nvidia at the 3080 level but I think it’s going to close and price will be a big decision in it all.

the 3080 is one amazing card and I expect the 6800xt to be also very very good. I don’t think you will go wrong with either. Currently we have 2 good choices with cpu (even though people want a overall winner) and soon we will have 2 very good high end gpu and 2 very good new consoles also.

Associate
I say go which ever you want to myself. I can’t see amd totally beating nvidia at the 3080 level but I think it’s going to close and price will be a big decision in it all.

the 3080 is one amazing card and I expect the 6800xt to be also very very good. I don’t think you will go wrong with either. Currently we have 2 good choices with cpu (even though people want a overall winner) and soon we will have 2 very good high end gpu and 2 very good new consoles also.

303krn.jpg

Associate
For me it's a case of availability.

If Big Navi is available ( I mean actually ready to ship, rather than ready to pre order ) I will buy one.

Even if the performance is worse, and the price is not great value, if cards are available I will probably buy. I suspect the Big Navi release will free up various 3080 Pre orders!!! :D I have a pre order in for 3080, but will likely order a Navi too, and see which wins :D

Associate
OP
For me it's a case of availability.

If Big Navi is available ( I mean actually ready to ship, rather than ready to pre order ) I will buy one.

Even if the performance is worse, and the price is not great value, if cards are available I will probably buy. I suspect the Big Navi release will free up various 3080 Pre orders!!! :D I have a pre order in for 3080, but will likely order a Navi too, and see which wins :D

wow u must have money to burn!

Permabanned
Hello all.

wait 2080 NOT Ti for 500 ?? WTF

Associate
Too early to tell yet, there's just not enough info leaked on big navi to tell how well it's going to perform or how much it will cost. But we'll likely know better in 2 days with their launch event. My guess based on what little we've seen leaked so far is that they'll have parity with Nvidia.

You ought to do what most sensible people are doing which is if you're in the market for a new GPU then queue for an Nvidia one and then when Navi launches either buy/queue for that and simply cancel for a full refund which ever comes in last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom