3080TI FE with a EK-Quantum Vector FE

Associate
I love this waterblock. Looks amazing. Have any pictures of your whole build?
Not surprised it fits like a glove, 99% the same card really.

Did you run the card on air at all? Any coil-whine from it? If so...does fitting the block improve / change that situation at all?

One thing putting me off doing a custom loop now is the amount my card whines. No point going full WC to quiet down the PC if I am still stuck with the whine!
Infact.... the fans at least mask it somewhat.

Associate

Did you run the card on air at all? Any coil-whine from it? If so...does fitting the block improve / change that situation at all?

One thing putting me off doing a custom loop now is the amount my card whines. No point going full WC to quiet down the PC if I am still stuck with the whine!

My coil whine was reduced a lot after installing the EK block for the 3090fe. However, i think its a gamble. I've had cards in the past that have gotten worse after installing a block and remounting did nothing. My last card the 2080ti, I could hear outside the room with the door closed it got so loud after installing a block :D

Associate
My coil whine was reduced a lot after installing the EK block for the 3090fe. However, i think its a gamble. I've had cards in the past that have gotten worse after installing a block and remounting did nothing. My last card the 2080ti, I could hear outside the room with the door closed it got so loud after installing a block :D
Dam!
Mine isnt that bad thankfully. But enough to irritate me... and has kinda put me off bothering with a custom loop.
1.) as the silence will be filled with whine and 2.) as I am still hopefully I just might bag a different 30 series card which does not whine. (phat chance I know...)

Still....will have to scratch the custom loop itch one day! :D

Associate
OP
I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same card as the 3080 just with the 2 extra Dram chips.

So that was my understanding too, it has 2x more memory dimm's and a couple of the chokes have been moved around. EK listed the compatibly as "Visual" but couldn't confirm if it did or not without any issues. Was pretty much buy and try.

It went straight on water apart from 5mins initially to test it wasn't DOA. No audible coil whine that I can hear. This particular waterblock does fully enclose the card.

Back
Top Bottom