3080ti has died

Associate
Hey All.

My 3080ti has just died. I have taken it back to the shop I purchased but it could take a month turn around. I was holding off for a 5000 series. However, wondered if anyone moved from a 3080ti to a 4080 super?

I need to make a decision; do I be patient and wait, or just take the hit and sell whatever happens with my 3080ti. Not sure I could do without my PC for that long.

I have nothing right now, so my PC is technically dead, my monitor runs 3440x1440 res, but the test graphics card I used would only reach 1024x760 res(very cheap $50 card(i now live in AUS). I purchased the 3080ti at the height of covid(chip shortages) at a cost of $2899 which is about 1500GBP so really gutted its failed but glad it's under warranty, just a shame it's such a slow turn around.

I may have to take your advice and just be patient.

Going to go with an ASUS 4080 Super. Its still with Gigabyte and will take over a month for them to repair it. Been looking at the forums and it seems repairs often fail again with Gigabyte.

This is a very interesting chart.... So much so, I`ll never be purchasing Gigabyte again. Thanks for your input all.

Back
Top Bottom