• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080ti keeps dying

Soldato
Hi,

move got a 2 week old 3080 ti, every so often my pc totally crashes and then I have a code 43 error in device manager.

I messed around for hours uninstalling and reinstalling various drivers until it worked….for 2 days…

It’s currently doing it again, card error and the back of the card is very hot (considering I’m only on desktop)

When it’s playing up, gpu-z show zero for memory size, speed etc

reckon it’s just a dodgy card to return for a replacement?

Are 3080 ti’s usually bomb proof?

Cheers

Soldato
Hi,

move got a 2 week old 3080 ti, every so often my pc totally crashes and then I have a code 43 error in device manager.

I messed around for hours uninstalling and reinstalling various drivers until it worked….for 2 days…

It’s currently doing it again, card error and the back of the card is very hot (considering I’m only on desktop)

Cheers

Full specs of your setup please. Then we can help, PSU, CPU,Motherboard, model of 3080ti ..fe AIB etc etc.

Soldato
OP
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB AORUS MASTER Graphics Card

750w psu
Maximus X motherboard
Intel i7 3.70ghz
16 gig ram

I’ve ran it on a 1000w psu and get the same issue

Last edited:
Associate
Hi,

Cheers

Does the card have dual BIOS? Stuff like memory size is reported by the card's BIOS I believe.

BIOS is corrupt or the BIOS chip is going faulty I think.

Soldato
Corsair CX750M

750w CX750m psu is not enough for these cards, I see you state you used a 1000w psu too, but what model ?

Also have you tried the second VBIOS switch as a test and made sure your graphics card is on the latest VBIOS and made sure your motherboard is on the latest BIOS too ? This is sounding like a motherboard BIOS issue or a PSU issue with code 43 and being fixed by DDU and reinstalling of the driver. Code 43 is basically either a dead card or a driver issue or the system is not using a psu with enough power or a motherboard BIOS issue (not upto date for new gen gpus/os). I would be reinstalling the 1000w psu if it is new enough and not a cheap 1000w psu. These cards require a good psu to work correctly even the cards specs state 850w required and 3 x 8pin are all the 3 x 8pins coming off the psu as single cables or are you using a single cable with two 8pins at the end, if that is what you are doing then that is also the cause.

:- https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Graphics-Card/GV-N308TAORUS-M-12GD/sp#sp

BIOS update for the graphics card here :- https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Graphics-Card/GV-N308TAORUS-M-12GD/support#support-dl-bios

Also the card has leds at the pcie power connector for status of the power connections are any lighting up/flashing when used or when it crashes or the machine is turned on?

bOp6GwZ.jpg

Latest BIOS for your motherboard here :- https://rog.asus.com/uk/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-x-hero-model/helpdesk_bios

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Latest….

I fitted my 3090 to the Maximus/750W pc, works fine

the 3080ti is on the 1000w psu, old ASUs MB and appears to be running fine

I guess it was just a power issue?

I’ll swap them back when the new 1000w psu arrives

Soldato
Seems like the card is just plain busted if it's still crashing. You've taken all reasonable steps to diagnose it. Get it replaced.

Soldato
Yeah, it’s hooked up to my Corsair 1000w now. Still crashing…

gpu bios was already the latest

Have you got another computer to try the 3080ti in ? to rule out the windows install and the hardware it is used on.

Have you tried a fresh install of windows too ? I would go down that route too, also have you made sure the motherboard is on the latest BIOS too as that is important for a older motherboard, they do have new bioses available for it dated this year.

Also make sure to try the other Vbios switch on the graphics card there is a performance switch position and a quiet position, try that too, make sure the pc is off and flick the switch and reboot and see how it goes too, to rule out a corrupt vbios.

Associate
Sounds more like a BIOS issue with the card. Wont be power related, I'm using a 3090 and 5900x with a corsair SF750 PSU and have been for nearly a year without issue.

Hopefully they have more stock to just replace the card :(

Back
Top Bottom