• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080TI launching this year $999 with 20GB VRAM

Associate
OP
The specs, price and timing do align but no idea whether it's 'true'.
Would agree until all confirmed take with salt. But does make sense, nice slot for a Ti card between the 3080 and 3090 both chip, price and even naming wise. Will be left with a bunch of chips I imagine that do not need to locked off quiet as much as the 3080, but do not quiet make the cut for the 3090 as they all share the same core.

Suspect it may be like Titan X and 1080Ti (though not quiet as close as that pairing). Those who can't wait for the best will get the 3090 so get the premium from those guys. Then get the 3080Ti out there and get more sales from those who the 3090 price tag was a tad too much.
It really depends on RDNA2 but I suspect there's a lot of truth in it. I'm waiting for the 3099;).

Associate
OP
Is the extra 10GB VRAM likely to be a worthwhile upgrade for a £250-300 price increase? [Edit: noted that it will have extra CUDA cores too]

Also, do we know enough about this touted new gizmo where the GPU accesses data on SSD drives in a more effective way? Does that perhaps reduce the VRAM requirements?
I think the gap between 3080 and 3080 TI is potentially bigger than 2080TI to 2080S and 1080ti vs 1080. Exciting times.

Associate
OP
Did you all not pay attention to what was said about marbles @ 1440p?
It was a Quadro RTX 8000.
Thanks for that I thought from the presentation it was running on a 3080....just shows the power of marketing and slick presentation, vital details get overlooked by many including me.

Back
Top Bottom