• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3090 under performing

Associate
Hi there i need some help with my setup
i currently have a :
Cpu : i5 11600k
Gpu: msi trio x 3090
MB:gigabyte z590
Ram:16gb 3200
Ssd/HDD: not sure 1 m.2 2 hdd
Psu:Gigabyte P750GM 750W Gold 80+
monitor :1080p 144hz
my case is : corsair 220t
Ok so when i first upgraded from a 1080 ti to 3090 everything was fine i guess (and i was living in kuwait). but now i moved to the UK and suddenly my gpu is not performing as well as it used to.
on Task manger i get cpu :70% ,, and gpu: 1 to 2 % while playing MWII
and my frames hit 80 fps only ,, and my vram hits 1194
i tried DDU and it worked just for a moment , then when i restarted my PC it went back to the same issue.

Last edited:
MWII at 1080p is going to be CPU bottlenecked.

Whilst I don't know about MW II specifically, but COD in general has a long history of being CPU bottlenecked, especially when playing multiplayers online. It's a game limitation rather than a hardware one.

IMO if you already got a 3090, it is simply not being fully utilised or make used of at 1080p and with tonnes of graphic power to spare. It is waste and you should be upgrading your monitor to at least a 1440p 144Hz or higher, if not a 4K one even...

Last edited:
I agree with the monitor upgrade but if it was working better on his current monitor and set up and all of a sudden has a loss of frames that’s something completely different.

What are your temps like?

I agree with the monitor upgrade but if it was working better on his current monitor and set up and all of a sudden has a loss of frames that’s something completely different.
I'm guessing it's to do with inconsistency of multiplayer more than anything else to be honest, and how much is going at any given time and what's happening in game.

Even a same map with 16, 32, 64 players won't have consistent frame rate would all have different performance result.

Other than that, I don't see what could be the issue, unless you have updated graphic driver and Nvidia has sneakily crippled performance of old gen cards with new drivers...I mean they are trying to become like Apple afterall :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom