34" Ultra wide OLEDs coming soon?

Associate
I have a Acer Predator x34P and its great, but I need another monitor as my son plays all the time now, I had the Alienware 4K 32" OLED on order but cancelled it due to all the posts about flickering and I really want to keep a 34 inch monitor, so is there a 34" 4K or 3440*1440 175+Hz OLED screen coming any time soon around £1000, thanks

Yip I had a look at them and the G8 and yes Id like the latest generation of panel, and it has to be a black stand and bezel...@£1000 I'm prepared to wait for the right one to show up..just wondering if there is one planned

In the same boat, got my eyes on a MPG 341CQPX which is supposed to be 2.5 gen and the AW3423DWF which has been heavily discounted of late but is gen 1.

Doesn't look like any 34" have launched with gen 3 QD-OLED, Ideally i'd like a successor to the AW3423DWF. The burn in issues are just about tolerable at the £650ish price range but i'd like something with a newer panel and more resilience, seeing as what users have had to go through in the AW3423DWF thread.

At the moment only LG Display (the panel manufacturer) have plans to develop higher resolution and pixel density ultrawide panels, but the 34” versions won’t be for a while. They’re also doing the same with 39” and 45” panels in their range, although it’s likely these will all be super curved. Info on all the panel roadmaps here

An update on all the OLED monitor panels

More short term there are so far only two monitors released with the new Samsung QD OLED 34” panel which is gen 2.5. From MSI and Gigabyte. I’m sure there’ll be others announced soon too

Reactions: alx
At the moment only LG Display (the panel manufacturer) have plans to develop higher resolution and pixel density ultrawide panels, but the 34” versions won’t be for a while. They’re also doing the same with 39” and 45” panels in their range, although it’s likely these will all be super curved. Info on all the panel roadmaps here

An update on all the OLED monitor panels

More short term there are so far only two monitors released with the new Samsung QD OLED 34” panel which is gen 2.5. From MSI and Gigabyte. I’m sure there’ll be others announced soon too

The MPG could be the 1 for me. Currently have a 34" Ultrawide LED monitor, but having gotten an OLED tv, I absolutely need an OLED Ultrawide in my life. Unfortunately all of the currently on sale versions have a few compromises, be it in terms of styling or in terms of panel performance. If the new MSI comes in at £1k or under, I'll likely pull the trigger.

You could just spend less than £1k and get one of the already established models, so they use 1st gen OLED panels, so what? ...I have an AW3423DW (not the F in my case, the original) and it's brilliant, it is a later one so it has the latest firmware on. The one thing I think that can make or break the Alienware for people is the lack of KVM, if you need/want one ...well it doesn't have it so you'll need another option.

Back
Top Bottom