34GK950F or 34GK950G?

Associate
Hi, I'm looking to purchase one of the above monitors to be used with an Nvidia 2070/80 but I'm slightly confused as to which one to go for.

I have absolutely no knowledge in this area but was under the impression that I should go GSync with Nvidia and FreeSync with AMD, however I've read a few articles that appear to suggest Nvidia's latest drivers will get the performance with the slightly cheaper 34GK950F model?

Is this correct or have I missed something?

Thanks

Associate
I would go for the Freesync 2 version despite the fact you have Nvidia because you can enable gsync. For what it's worth, today I returned my 34GK950G model today to get the freesync2 model.

Reasons:
Freesync2 model is cheaper
144hz natural vs 120hz overclocked
10 bit vs 8 bit
HDR vs no HDR

Associate
I was just about to post the exact same question.

I have been looking at the G model purely as I have an Nvidia card. Is there a significant difference between Freesync 2 and Gsync? or is it just Nvidia putting a premium price tag on Gsync

Thanks

Associate
Nvidia has opened up the field to a select few freesync monitors and this is one of them. Check youtube for a few reviews of people having ZERO issues running their nvidia cards with this monitor.

Associate
OP
I would go for the Freesync 2 version despite the fact you have Nvidia because you can enable gsync. For what it's worth, today I returned my 34GK950G model today to get the freesync2 model.

Reasons:
Freesync2 model is cheaper
144hz natural vs 120hz overclocked
10 bit vs 8 bit
HDR vs no HDR

Nvidia has opened up the field to a select few freesync monitors and this is one of them. Check youtube for a few reviews of people having ZERO issues running their nvidia cards with this monitor.

Thanks Chaapa'ai, just what I needed to hear!

Caporegime
Have the F and it's awesome with both nVidia and AMD cards (I prefer my Vega56 atm, purely down to the HDR tone-mapping feature it has in Division 2 :))

Also remember, if you get the F then you have no restriction on what card you get in the future :cool:

Associate
Whats the deal with the availability of the 34gk950f anyway ? It`s out of stock everywhere in the EU and if they have it its way overpriced like 1200€
Howcome its so expensive ? They dont have to add gsync module or anything, and you can get a 55" OLED for that money.

Supply and demand my friend.

Demand is high because the F version has been getting good online reviews with the latest firmware, and the supply is terribly limited at the moment.

I could not find it even listed, let alone in stock anywhere else.
OCUK will probably sell out of both F and G models quickly as a result.

Last edited:
Soldato
Apologies for the slight thread-jack but, if I'm a non-gamer so don't need Freesync or high refresh rate but do want IPS, is the 34UM88C still a decent alternative?
I currently have an Samsung SA850 so would just be getting more horizontal pixels. I'm astonished to realise I've had the SA850 for over seven years.

Back
Top Bottom