3570K, D3H and Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer

Associate
Hi 8 Pack,

I have the above setup with 4GB of ram. I've done some basic overclocking with it so far as I've only had the stock intel cooler.

With getting my (unfortunately) faulty H80i the other day I was looking in on how to push the system further with the CPU being under water.

I've managed as far as 3.8Ghz on 1.225V and the ram running at 1600Mhz at 1.5V (basically xmp spec)

If you could provide some tips to get it a bit higher ready for when a new H80i turns up i would appreaciate it :)

Cheers

Associate
OP
Ram_zpscbb9f791.jpg

That's CPU-tweaker :)

The ram is at 2133 @ 1.6v

Associate
OP
Putting the ram tuning aside.

I've fitted my H80i and ran the overclock up to 4.5Ghz and put inter burn test on and even though the system appears to be fine the test stops on the 2nd run saying it isn't stable.

Any ideas why?

OcUK Staff
because its not stable!!! Add Vcore, VCCSA, VCCIO or IMC volts and re-test!!! For me IBT is a terrible test. Even intels engineers think so. Prime blend for like 20 mins is enough then use your PC. Using your PC proves its stable for what you need it for.

Associate
OP
Well I've decided to start over again so I know what I've changed.

At the moment the only thing I've touched is the multiplier to 40 to achieve a 4.0Ghz clock speed and Prime95 ran fine without any issues.

Guess on my 4.5Ghz efforts something else was needed as it BSOD just shortly after Prime started lol

OcUK Staff
Each chip is different mate. So you must test!!!

Some do 4.6 at stock some will not do it at all. I would say 4.5 avg Vcore required is 1.275v-1.3 with current steppings. With IMC volts at 1.05v

OcUK Staff
PLL is Phase Lock Loop. Essentially its clock generator error correction and lock on. For us as clockers Ivy CPU like around 1.65v or 1.9v try both ends of teh spectrum and find what your CPU likes assists DRAM overclocking, CPU clocking and BLK clocking.

Back
Top Bottom