360 crashing problem (downloading and multiple accounts)

Soldato
Right i've got two accounts on my 360 one is gold one isn't, the non-gold account is the default profile so signs in automatically.

This morning i signed the gold account in to download the pro demo and turned the console off. I then turned it back on a while later before the demo had finished downloading.

This obviously signed into the default account, when i then try to sign out of the default account and into the gold account on which the demo was downloading the whole system crashes.

Any ideas how to fix this or what is causing it ?

Many thanks

Soldato
Sounds like a system bug to me. Have you tried changing the default log in to be the gold account and then turning it off and on again - that way it should log in to the gold for the download. Just switch it back when you're done.

Crappy thing to have to do, but it might be a workaround.

Soldato
I'm getting this at the moment, freezes on startup if I'm signing into Live, and if I sign into Live while on a game it works but then freezes after a few minutes (I'm also background downloading so I'm thinking it could be something to do with that).

Soldato
OP
I'm getting this at the moment, freezes on startup if I'm signing into Live, and if I sign into Live while on a game it works but then freezes after a few minutes (I'm also background downloading so I'm thinking it could be something to do with that).

cant stop the download tho cause it freezes

Soldato
I've managed it, start a game (I did it with FIFA 09) then sign into Live during the game. Don't bother clearing the cache (Which also deletes all the game updates) I also tried that and it didn't work.

Soldato

Mine froze the other day whilst trying to sign in during a game.

I also keep getting randomly disconnected from Live, which is really annoying when playing Tiger Woods 09 as it kicks you out of some game modes.

Associate
I had the same problem as you Nzyme. The problem occurred for me when I started to download the PES demo. It would crash everytime I signed into Live without fail. I started the 360 without the network cable connected and cancelled the download in Active Downloads. Seems to have worked... don't know whether I'll try downloading it again yet or not :p

Back
Top Bottom