360hz monitors Q4

Caporegime
With Dell and ASUS now having announced these are scheduled to release towards the end of this year, is anyone actually interested?

240hz is barely noticeable over 144hz, even the CSGO pros struggle to perform much better with refresh rates above 144. To me, it just seems like a silly numbers game, particularly when you'll still be playing on what's likely to be a TN panel at only 1080p in the year 2021. I know these are primarily for competitive use rather than picture quality, but as mentioned the benefits of going that high is minuscule so you're not really getting much out of what is likely to be a fairly expensive purchase on release.

Soldato
Waste of time till we get a quality guaranteed 144mhz monitor in all sizes with also a guaranteed no BLB, no IPS Glow, No stuck pixels and a new car fresh smell. Plenty of stock and plenty of choice.

I knew I shouldnt have eaten that cheese before bedtime.

Soldato
@Ayahuasca @varkanoid The reason I bought a 240hz monitor has less to do with the 240hz itself and more to do with pixel response. So few monitors these days can actually deliver 100% the pixel transition for the HZ they ship at. I'm talking about all transitions here. When I see reviews stating for example that whatever 144hz monitor can hit 80% of the pixel transitions for 144hz and therefore delivers a "true" 144hz experience I really cringe. So I personally welcome these new faster panels cause to me it's about so much more than just whatever Hz is reported in windows, it's about how fast the panel can actually switch its pixels.

Soldato
Thats fine but it doesnt detract from the fact that person A could buy a 360hz monitor and its fine and that person B buys one and its got 3 dead pixels and BLB. How fast it is then doesnt matter. Instead of spending Research on faster monitors get the existing ones right everytime now.

Not dissing the fact for the reason to buy one just wish manufacturers would spent time getting the basics right first.

Soldato
Thats fine but it doesnt detract from the fact that person A could buy a 360hz monitor and its fine and that person B buys one and its got 3 dead pixels and BLB. How fast it is then doesnt matter. Instead of spending Research on faster monitors get the existing ones right everytime now.

Not dissing the fact for the reason to buy one just wish manufacturers would spent time getting the basics right first.

I totally agree with you, the QC is horrible across the board. IMHO it shouldn't be allowed to sell 1ms monitors and then says its due to strobing backlight. That is so BS, the pixels don't switch faster, you are just turning off the backlight to hide the fact.
If it were just that you could be guaranteed a proper monitor when you drop 600-700-800 pounds but you cant, not to mention that the current pricing is just not that great. I'm sure the middlemen don't earn that much but the panel manufacturers are just raking in cash at this point. It's one of the reasons why I'd rather have 1200 pound oled48cx as a monitor than a 1500 pounds LG 38GL950 or whatever that thing is called.

Priority should certainly be to improve quality and perhaps more honest marketing. It would be nice if the panels weren't pushed way beyond their limits too.

Back
Top Bottom