• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3700x idle voltages

Don't put it to 0%, it's not supposed to be at 0% unless AMD changed it themselves. Just leave it at 90% if it already is at 90%.

Mine was 0% out of the box. I installed the 7/7/2019 driver direct from AMD, if that makes any difference. I've changed minimum to 90% now, but something odd happened there. Did you use the AMD chipset driver or the one from your mobo manufacturer?

Mine was 0% out of the box. I installed the 7/7/2019 driver direct from AMD, if that makes any difference. I've changed minimum to 90% now, but something odd happened there. Did you use the AMD chipset driver or the one from your mobo manufacturer?

This is what I have been saying, the balanced plan with the new chipset drivers is set at 0 out of the box and its only the old plan that is configured for 90, I am leaving mine at 0 and have had zero issues. It doesn't help that installing the new drivers over the existing doesn't install them correctly and you have to follow the procedure I posted previously

Ok so here's what I get from HWInfo

Windows balanced

wkR7gsR.jpg

Ryzen balanced

9PzYYfW.jpg

I had ryzen master running to double check voltages and interestingly the lowest it dipped to was 1.43 and stayed at 1.47, so the 1.012 reading is a surprise.

There's definitely a temperature difference at idle, but the average difference isn't as great as I expected.

If you were to no switch to high performance mode you would see that you CPU Package Power will be like 10W extra. Which is such a small difference people are worrying over.

This is what I have been saying, the balanced plan with the new chipset drivers is set at 0 out of the box and its only the old plan that is configured for 90, I am leaving mine at 0 and have had zero issues. It doesn't help that installing the new drivers over the existing doesn't install them correctly and you have to follow the procedure I posted previously
Maybe it should be 0% then, things must have changed with Ryzen 3000. It must work differently.

It's supposed to be 0%, 90% was for older Ryzen CPUs. I don't have mine yet unfortunately so I just assumed the power plan was the same but it seems AMD have altered it to work better with Ryzen 3000.

Back
Top Bottom