• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3700X or 5600X?

Soldato
I take it the PA5 is known as the 120se then not the 5? as 5 only brings up 120se when I search?

Also I was going for 32gb 2x16gb of 3600mhz cas 16... is this ideal for the 5700x or should I just get 3200mhz?

There's a bunch of versions, give me a tick and I'll double check as I'm on my phone.

If there's very little price difference get the 3600/c16, but I wouldn't say it's worth a lot more than running a 3200mhz kit.

Update: I should have linked you info on the Thermalright Assassin King 120 SE, it's a fantastic piece of kit for the price and more than up to the task.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
There's a bunch of versions, give me a tick and I'll double check as I'm on my phone.

If there's very little price difference get the 3600/c16, but I wouldn't say it's worth a lot more than running a 3200mhz kit.

Update: I should have linked you info on the Thermalright Assassin King 120 SE, it's a fantastic piece of kit for the price and more than up to the task.
thanks mate
hoping that is the right one and it's dual fan so may as well?

I think I'll just stick with the 3600mhz then as it's so cheap anyway :)

Last edited:
Soldato
thanks mate, I've just found this
hoping that is the right one and it's dual fan so may as well?

I think I'll just stick with the 3600mhz then as it's so cheap anyway :)

You're not allowed to link competitors mate, as this forum is owned and operated by the OCUK store.

The Peerless Assassin is a fantastic HSF, but the Assassin King 120SE for £20 will be ample for a 5700X. Either way they're both a good deal cheaper than a Dark Rock Pro 4 or something similar from the likes of Noctua.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
You're not allowed to link competitors mate, as this forum is owned and operated by the OCUK store.

The Peerless Assassin is a fantastic HSF, but the Assassin King 120SE for £20 will be ample for a 5700X. Either way they're both a good deal cheaper than a Dark Rock Pro 4 or something similar from the likes of Noctua.
edited...
that was the dual fan jobbie, I cannot for the life of me find the single fan one for £20... but yeah for £35.90 for that dual fan one, screw it that'll be fine, nice one!

Last edited:
Soldato
Jumping in on the back of this thread.

I got a workstation with a 3700x in it. Building a pc for the parents and was going to give them my spare 5600x.

However I was thinking maybe to switch the 5600x in for my 3700x and give them that

I do use this pc for much other than very light gaming (Football Manager), word processing and of course browsing.

Do you think the 5600x will give a better browsing experience?

Permabanned
OP
Jumping in on the back of this thread.

I got a workstation with a 3700x in it. Building a pc for the parents and was going to give them my spare 5600x.

However I was thinking maybe to switch the 5600x in for my 3700x and give them that

I do use this pc for much other than very light gaming (Football Manager), word processing and of course browsing.

Do you think the 5600x will give a better browsing experience?
Nope, you can pretty much browse on anything these days that's 5-10 years old, I have a mid 2008 macbook pro that has a pathetic Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz and IIRC a 9600M GPU, and it can still play 720P youtube fine and browsing is a doddle.

Back
Top Bottom