£39.99 for an xbox 360 game...

Caporegime
You would think they could make instruction manuals bigger than a couple of pages. Top spin 2 tells you practically nothing about what the stats mean.

Are you supposed to guess?

Soldato
I found the Fight Night R3 manual to be absolute rubbish as well, and the GRAW one was full of typos or incorrect info.

Who bothers reading manuals anyway? :p

Caporegime
OP
Normally not me, but there's stacks in top spin that there is no explanation for. Are you supposed to guess. Its pretty annoying to get 3 years into you career to find that you needn't have bothered training stamina at all ;)

Soldato
They're good to read on *** bog :p Only decent informative manual I've seen so far is the Oblivion one. They should put more effort into them I agree. I think it was Full Auto which had the control description totally wrong when I last looked.

Caporegime
Manuals are made by the publishers at the 11th hour because all the important people are too busy doing other things.

As with anything it's production costs, the manual will be the next thing to go, in the future I wouldn't be surprised to see .psd files on the discs rather than an actual manual.

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
As with anything it's production costs, the manual will be the next thing to go, in the future I wouldn't be surprised to see .psd files on the discs rather than an actual manual.

You mean .pdf as opposed to a native Photoshop file? ;)

Soldato
yeah i got to agree i think manuals are appauling these days, tell you nothing and where they do tell you things its so poorly layed out that you miss it anyway.
But you would also think they would sort out the bugs before they released the games too :p

Permabanned
Kainz said:
They're good to read on *** bog :p

/makes a note never to buy a used game off you ;)

I agree with the OP, game manuals are mostly useless nowadays. They only seem to tell you the most basic stuff which you don't really need a manual for anyway unless you're completely dense. When you consult the manual for more detailed information it isn't there :/

Soldato
i read the manuals on the bog n all, or if thers none of them then thank god 4 wireless internet :p

/serious i agree though some manuals are just tripe, i only look at the manual until i get stuck, but they provide such basic info that theres no point

Back
Top Bottom