3930k OC on a Gigabyte x79-ud3

Soldato
has anyone done the above? i'm coming from a sandy on a gene v and well x79 is harder and i don't have as much time as i once did...can anyone help me out??

thanks

Dave

hmm well i've been playing around with it all night and i can't seem to get anything to stick at all. i've set the multi to 40 but volts to 1.3 but whenever i restart and open up cpu-z it keeps showing 3.2, even when i've got prime going...offset method is greyed out as well...

OK so i tried Manual and that didn't work so thanks for the Normal tip. Problem i have is voltages/fan settings etc all stick, but when i set the core clock it just shows as 3.2 in windows and when i restart into bios. Just wondering if i need to keep C1E/EIST on on this board for the OC to work...Rroff you have the same board right? Can you advice?

I may have VT-d enabled by default - could this be stopping the OC? Or should i disable Reat Time CPU Ratio Control in OS??

Also i'm on the F16 bios. The only newer one listed on the Gigabyte website is the F20 bios, is it worth updating?

Last edited:
i've been using cpu-z already fella, i've got it to show 4.00ghz once, then as soon as i started to stress it, it shot down to 3.2 and stayed there

Well I've updated the bios to f20 and still the same problem always slipping back to that 32 multi. Running at stock at the moment. Time to test how good gigabyte RMA is I think.

I've done all those things!! I must have tried a hundred different things. I'll start taking screenshots of the bios and posting them . Hopefully someone will find some little thing I've overlooked

Right i think i've found the problem - i was using realtemp to monitor the temps and everytime i opened it, it reset the bios turning on eist and changing the multi back to stock...Anyone else come across this...

I now i have the dilemma of 2 2011 motherboards - this UD3 and a Rampage IV Formula...which one do i keep???

Hey Carrot - i did contact gigabyte support via their website and they did get back to me, but couldn't help. It's the wierdest thing. i used realtemp on my 2700k/gene v and never had any problems like this...once things were changed in the bios they stayed that way...

Thanks for keeping an eye on me. Coretemp is fine and i'm using it now...

Phew!!

Back
Top Bottom