3ds xl charging question.

Soldato
To save some money and more certainly space I decided to buy a USB-DS lead so I didn't have another bulky charger and I could plug it in to charge on any USB socket. So I've plugged it in to the laptop and its charging but it's draining when I'm playing on it, it's not going dead but keep reminding me to plug in the charger.

It's not a massive problem, however I was hoping to be able to play and charge as battery life isn't that great.

My second and more regular charging option would be to use the USB cable and plug it in to my iPad2 charger block. Only the voltages don't match, so was wondering is it ok to use this and does anyone else do it?

Info on the USB ipad charger block:

10w USB power adapter
Input 100-240v~ 0.45A (0.45A) 50-60Hz Output 5.1 --- 2.1A

Then on the plug between the pins:

2.5A 250v~

The 3DS XL has on its back:

4.6V --- 4.1W
4.6V --- 900mA

Thanks

Steven

Soldato
Does the screen flicker?

I bought a cheap one from ASDA for a fiver, has connections for DS/3DS and something else possible 3dsxl if the connections are different.

When I attempt to play with the usb charger in, the screen flickers and doesn't charge, charges fine with the DS off.

Soldato
OP
I've only got it in the laptop for now and I'm not going to break charge until its complete, especially with it bring its first charge, but no the screen is not flickering at all, it works fine just asks to be charged as battery is running low. So for now I'm not using it and letting it charge without interuption.

But I want it to be able to be mains charged as well, just worried about the difference in volts, Amos and everything else that I don't understand :D

Back
Top Bottom