3m Display Port 1.4 cable experience

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Anyone use a long DP 1.4 cable without issues? I'm hoping to position my case up to 3m away from my monitor and wanted to check there will be no issues with driving my 3840x1600 144hz monitor.

In my experience 4 meters is fine as long as you use a quality cable.

Personally I have been using Club3D CAC-1069B 4 meter DisplayPort cables for years and have not experienced any issues whatsoever. I've used them in various pixel-pushing configurations including 3840x1600 @ 144hz.

I could be in for some trouble as I've ordered a 5M cable for my G9. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that'll it'll work without any issues :)

In my experience 4 meters is fine as long as you use a quality cable.

Personally I have been using Club3D CAC-1069B 4 meter DisplayPort cables for years and have not experienced any issues whatsoever. I've used them in various pixel-pushing configurations including 3840x1600 @ 144hz.

Thanks that's good to hear!

I could be in for some trouble as I've ordered a 5M cable for my G9. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that'll it'll work without any issues :)

Keep me posted.

Edit:
I've ordered: 4M Club 3D CAC-1069 DisplayPort 1.4 HBR3 Cable M/M Vesa Certified

Last edited:
FWIW I've used a 10m displayport cable at 165Hz at 1440p with no isues at all. If you search "Cable Matters Unidirectional Active DisplayPort Cable (DisplayPort 1.4 Cable) with 8K 60Hz Video and HDR Support in 10m". Doesn't fit your criteria exactly, but does show that there are possibilities when it comes to using a long boi (that's what she said etc... :D)

Anyone use a long DP 1.4 cable without issues? I'm hoping to position my case up to 3m away from my monitor and wanted to check there will be no issues with driving my 3840x1600 144hz monitor.

Is that 3m cable length? Or will you need a 5m+ cable? Because I've found that copper Displayport cables can get twitchy with high bandwidth over 3m. I switched to fibre-optic cables a while back and they're great. Naturally, I purchased them just before they halved in price. They are available from Amazon - OCUK don't sell them - from various Oriental sources. You need to check that they support 32+ Gbps bandwidth, HDCP, and all the other trimmings. A 5m cable will set you back about £50, a 10m cable will set you back about £75.

Keep me posted.

I've just fitted the 5M vesa certified cable from KabelDirekt and although it's early days, so far, so good. No flickering or any other problems that I can notice :)

I'm still using a 1080 so can only test out the 120hz option. Upgrading to the 3080 soon and will report back if I encounter any issues.

Back
Top Bottom