3rd Party XBOX Pad

Soldato
Hello!

Could anyone recommend a decent 3rd party XBOX pad?

Need one for the weekend and can't justify 50 on an official one just now...

Wired is fine.

Cheers.

Soldato
I've got an MSI Force GC20 which is pretty good. I am very cynical of 3rd party controllers but this is alright. It also has an Android mode. It's the same layout as the 360 controller.

Note that Windows sees it as a 360 controller not Xbox one controller, so it will work in win7 (and 10) whereas the Xbox one controller does not support 7. It doesn't need any special drivers or anything just plug it in like the 360 controller.

Permabanned
Microsoft no longer make wired controller, they have been outsourced to PDP and PowerA... They are both pretty reasonable although have some differences which may mean one suits you over the other.

Soldato
OP
That MSI one looks decent.

I bought a PDP one from Argos and it broke after a couple of months. Looks the part but quite flimsy. This is to replace that as it happens.

I ended up buying a 12 quid 360 3rd party pad from the bay. Just arrived, solid so I am happy with that.

And umm.. bought the new Xbox X pad as well due for delivery tomorrow. Temptation got the better of me!

Soldato
OP
I also have a PowerA Switch pad that we use again bought from Argos...

Looks great but again feels like it will fall apart sooner or later (I have an over eager 8 yr old lad!). It's so light!

Back
Top Bottom