4.46 bricked my console (PS3)

Soldato
40gb fat I updated to 4.46 tonight as I wanted to watch netflix, updated and 5 mins later it switched itself off and now wont boot.

green - yellow - flashing red light!

spoke to cs and they want £110 to send me a refurbed machine (40gb fat one)

are they taking the p as it was their update that borked it but how do I prove it?

stupid title sorry i over typed message into title box should be "4.46 bricked my console."

Caporegime
you have the option of any console afaik for £110 but they will all be refurbs.

when i had to send my 60GB launch console back with BC i wanted another 60GB with BC model, so they sent me one.

it was extremely loud, i mean like a jet engine, my brother even came into my room wondering what the sound was, he thought i was using the mini dyson for the car in my room late at night.

this went back for a slim model due to the noise, the slim model had power issues the PSU was borked on it, so that got sent back for another slim which has been fine ever since.

i only had to pay £55 as the retailer i bought the console from agreed to pay the other £55 under the SOGA.

personally if i was in your shoes i would buy a brand new ps3 if you really need one, or get one second hand from the members market or wait for the ps4 than get a refurb

Soldato
Erm you can fix your ps3 easily.
you probably updated to that firmware that stops your ps3 booting there was a problem with it and it was pulled.

-----------------------------------------

go into the ps3 service menu and flash the previous firmware on to it.

Caporegime
40gb fat I updated to 4.46 tonight as I wanted to watch netflix, updated and 5 mins later it switched itself off and now wont boot.

green - yellow - flashing red light!

spoke to cs and they want £110 to send me a refurbed machine (40gb fat one)

are they taking the p as it was their update that borked it but how do I prove it?

stupid title sorry i over typed message into title box should be "4.46 bricked my console."
I doubt it did and youll be hard pushed to prove it, especially as the main point of 4.46 being out there is to fix the ones that got bricked by 4.45 (and I think that was ones with very large HDDs IIRC) so Id expect them to bother to do some proper testing before they released it (Id hope so!).

Just bad luck and bad timing - mine went the day before FIFA 13 came out while I was playing the demo :p. Just the way it seems to happen...

YLOD sucks though :(

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
You would have to play serious hardball with them, and to be fair I doubt you'll get anywhere. You can get slims for around £90 at the purple place, suck it up and move on.

Associate
I believe 4.45 bricked my console too (1st gen 60gb). I was in the process of updating it manually today until it bricked again and now wont even start in safe mode.

Soldato
Erm you can fix your ps3 easily.
you probably updated to that firmware that stops your ps3 booting there was a problem with it and it was pulled.

-----------------------------------------

go into the ps3 service menu and flash the previous firmware on to it.

No, that was 4.45.

Associate
Sods law.

You console just happened to die after the update (there's a ton of these 'update X.XX broke my console' on the official plaustation forums, and each time it just happens to have been bad timing that the console failed just after the update).

Associate
To be honest i wouldn't even be that fussed considering im gonna get the ps4. What really annoys me is that i didn't even get to finish the last of us.

Soldato
This doesn't sound too good,anyone else had this issue?

im a bit worried now to update mine (Slim 160gb model)..thing is bloody netflix wont work if i don't update. :/

Soldato
My 320 gig model updated fine yesterday. If you're really worried about it I'd check the playstation official forums and check how many people have had the same problem with the update..

Back
Top Bottom