• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4 Hour Old 280 Just Died!?

• Thread starter Thread starter V_R
  • Start date Start date

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Well im gutted..... 4 ******* hours.... :mad:

Got my new BFG 280 GTX from OCuK today, got home uninstalled the 8800 GTX.

Played GTA4 for a few hours and all was well.

Stopped playing GTA, went on the net. Next thing i know the display goes black and turns off.... :eek:

Now i get 1 long and 3 short beeps from MB and no display, PC seems to boot ok as i can shut it down by pressing the right keys. Lucky i know to press the pwer button, right arrow and enter! lol

Its just done it so i CBA to start messing with it now, will tackle it tomorrow... at least i can put the GTX back in.....

So, where do i stand with OCUK? They have no BFG cards in stock now, direct return to BFG then?

:(

Well it played fine, the card died when i was on the net, Ironically i was replying to the 280 thread saying how impressed i was!! lol

Tried restarting the pc a few times, just did the same beeps, 1 long 3 short.

one thing i did notice was the fan was going flat out, even when i was on the net, was starting to bug me, then it slowed down and about a minute later the display went off....

Temps were fine, as the fan was going full tilt it only maxed out at 50 or 55....That was in game. On desktop the clocks dropped right down to very low levels yet the fan continued to run at 100%.

Phoned OC today, RMA is mine, card going back tomorrow. Being sent to USA as i understand it. :(

Last edited:
Well like i said above, i phoned OCUK this morning, they have sorted an RMA. But they said it will have to go back to the US, so looks like ill be back to the 8800GTX for a couple of weeks..... :(

Overslop: Sorry, thats what i mean, im sending it to them. He said they will send it back to BFG. :)

Reality|Bites: Hmmmm, why didn't i think of that? How much they gonna be? :D

InFlicT vr LMAO at you more more money than sense:D

AgB:p:p:p:p:p
lol, who let you in?? :p

Well the 8800GTX is back in and the pc fired up first time. all is well.... Gonna ask for a refund i think. :)

BTW, didn't notice it last night but there is a green light on the cards top, which is red now.. I'd say thats conclusive. :P

Last edited:
Do you think OC would swap the BFG for one of the POV cards they still have in stock and credit me the difference?

So to refund or replace that is the question?

Im edging towards the replacement, even if it does take a bit of time.

The price is good and i may not get a better one.

What you guys think? Replace or Refund?

Did you try anything radical like reseating it? Or checking it's power cables (mine did the same thing as yours, it was a wonky power adaptor which only worked loose after some heat cycles)? Or what about looking up the meaning of three short and one long beep in your mobo manual? I mean you'll be kinda hacked off if you've no video card for 5 weeks then find out the problem was a stick of RAM you unsettled when installing the card.

Far easier to RMA than wiggle it a bit I suppose.
lol. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes i did thanks.

May i suggest that you actually read a thread before replying next time?

Well the 8800GTX is back in and the pc fired up first time. all is well....

BTW, didn't notice it last night but there is a green light on the cards top, which is red now.. I'd say thats conclusive. :P

Back
Top Bottom