40-43" TV + Soundbar

Associate
Hi all

Looking to replace my ancient TV. Needs to be 40-43", and I'd like to get a Bluetooth soundbar as well (to connect with a Bluetooth record player I've got, as well as the TV).

I'm struggling to see past the LG C3/C2 42" model, but my partner (fairly) thinks it's more than we need to spend, given we don't watch a lot of TV.

Is there anything that would be in the £500-600ish range that would come close performance-wise? I'd really like it to have HDMI 2.0 so I can plug my PC into it periodically to play games.

If you had £1,000 for TV + soundbar, what combo would you go for?

Cheers

Chris

Associate
A few years ago, I kept trying to justify why I shouldn’t spend the money on an LG Oled, I went with Samsung, then Panasonic and I was never happy. I finally gave in and got an LG Oled and wished I’d done it sooner and saved the money wasted on the other two

Soldato
Buy cheap, buy twice. Buy the biggest TV you can. 40" is too small for movies. What is your viewing distance? I have a 65" and I wouldn't want to downsize

Also bluetooth record player kinda defeats the point, you might as well well use mobile phone streaming!

Go and have a demo of a few TV's, soundbars, and go into a AV store saying you want a Trinnov Altitude 32 + EXT 48 ;)

Soldato
Can give you a code for a Panasonic 43" OLED MZ800B for £679

Otherwise just get the 43" sky glass TV and do the cheapest package ;)

Soldato
LG OLED are always a good choice.
We have a 48” and a 55”. The 48” is a nice size if you don’t want it to overpower a room (we have it in our front room / snug). I wouldn’t recommend smaller unless it was for a bedroom.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom