400,000 graduate jobs

Soldato
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7821629.stm

what is your opinion if your in your final year or penultimate year or even you graduated last year.

i mean i can picture it a long queue of people with degrees waiting for their job seekers.

what annoys me. is that they said Microsoft and barclays have signed up. but they already have this scheme setup. and big corporations tend to have internship and graduates schemes already in placed. people with 300 ucas points and a decent 2:1 wont have an issue getting a placement.

the problem lies with people with 2:2 or 200 ucas or less

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
These days everyone and their mum has a bachelors degree, you need more than that for a decent job. One of the reasons I'm doing a PhD and I'm lucky enough to have a secure job for the next 3 years.

yes its what i explain to my friends, a degree is becoming a oyster card. everyone is going to have one. you have to differentiate yourself from everyone else especially if your doing a generic degree like "business management" (no offense).

people who have more skills, such as additional languages or higher qualifications such as masters or PHD, gives you a greater chance of employment because your in a niche

Soldato
OP
people. that do a 3 year degree course and decide to become a policeman. ffs. could have done that without a degree.

most peoples failsafe is. ill just become a teache. explains why when i was in college, the teachers i had were very young. im guessing they wernt able to get their first preference job.

Back
Top Bottom