• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4060 Ti eGPU

Associate
Hello,
I want to ask I currently have a Dell G15 5520 with I7-12700H, 3060 130W, 16GB DDR5 RAM, 512GB PCIe Gen 4 SSD, and 1080P 120Hz Screen.
Now I play all games extremely well, even new and demanding ones like Cyberpunk 2077 is around 60~70 FPS with ultra high settings, DLSS set to quality, and Ray Tracing off.
But I would like to try pushing this setup even more, so I was thinking of buying a 4060 Ti and an eGPU enclosure and connecting it to my laptop via Thunderbolt 4 while using a 1080P external Monitor.
So I wanna know, will this get me more frames especially in games that support frame generation, or will the thunderbolt 4 limit the performance gains, I chose the 4060 Ti as it is running an 8x PCIe Gen 4 lane, and using an external monitor should make things faster, I also intend not to connect anything to the eGPU to make sure that all the bandwidth is allocated for the GPU, because honestly I am fine with 1080P gaming and I'm ok with the frames I have, if I'm gonna get 5~10 more FPS in gaming, I won't go through the trouble.
So this is my question, what type of improvement in frame rates should I expect with this setup?
Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom