4080 super running like crap

If GPU usage is low and CPU is high and you're getting swinging FPS and stuttering then probably. It entirely depends on what you're doing. If it's easy work, like 1080p gaming, the CPU can't 'feed' the GPU with instructions fast enough cos it's apprentice level work for the GPU.

What was your previous card? I don't know if I'd personally even bother with DDU now if going from nvidia to nvidia.

I would be surprised if a 10900K was makng such a noticeable slow down unless you're gaming at 1080p medium settings and not giving the GPU a chance to really stretch its legs.
It's 1440p gpu usage varied max it goes is 90

I upgraded from a 3090.

What scores do you get in 3D Mark, Cinebench, etc? Do they match what you'd expect?

What was the previous graphics card?

What are the temps, clocks and power usage under load?

Have you tried switching to the studio driver?

Have you checked event viewer?

Have you made adjustments to the refresh, variable refresh / sync, etc?

Has the game you're playing been reconfigured and had opportunity to rebuild shaders, etc, if necessary?
Hi it was a 3090. What is studio driver?

Gpu temps are low around 65c. Cpu goes to about 75c

I've done all the right adjustments to shaders.

It actually worked better before I did the ddu. But was still slower than the 3090.

Stil
There should be no need to use DDU going from a 3090 to 4080. I've recently gone from 3090 to 4090 and didn't change drivers and everything still works great.

I'd also check to see if you're using/reinstall the latest chipset drivers from your motherboard manufacturer. Failing that then I fear a new OS install might be your only remedy.

Which brand of 4080 Super do you have?

The Studio drivers tend to be more stable but are mainly aimed at content creators not gamers.
I originally did it with thr same drivers and it was still under what my 3090 was getting. I think I will try a motherboard update.

What make and model is the psu? How are you powering the gpu, a single lead from the psu using the daisy chained connectors plugged into both cables of the high power adaptor cable, a pair of seperate cables from the psu plugged into both cables on the high power adaptor cable or even a dedicated high power cable straight from the psu?
1200w rog psu

3 cables from psu into some extended cables to the gpu into the connectors that came with the gpu. Same as I used for the 3090

What cpu cooler and what temps are you seeing in games.
remember the 4080s is only about 13% faster than a 3090, ive seen a few review's online says the power phases have been cut back, have you undervolted the card with curve optimizer, you could be hitting the power limit??

if you monitor is 165Hz it's advised you set a max of 164 in control panel as setting it the same as the refresh rate can cause visual problems
(this is apparently a know problem) i was told to do this when asking or the cap FPS in loading screens
I've not under volted the card. I'm close to putting my 3090 back in.

Turn it on and set it to quality
DLSS is a good thing
i had it on on my 3090 and the image went blurred in the distance when moving slow. so never used it. it looks ok on the 4080 super but ive just run a test and its getting lows of 80fps. huge drops
the cod screenshot is without dlss but ive also posted my hwid while streaming and playing cod.

here it is with dlss on. big drops randomly. these bench marks are without any streaming software running. the link on my previous post has the hwid data on while streaming and gaming.

Back
Top Bottom