4080 super running like crap

So I've downloaded fortnite to test another game and it was simply unplayable with the auto settings. I've had to drop them all to pretty much low to get any decent fps. And still not 165

install Cinebench r23 and furmark do a few runs of each and let us know your scores.
on furmark take a screen shot just before the test ends.

just to be honest i wouldn't expect to get average 165fps out of my system on high setting at 1440
RYZEN 7700x - RTX 4080 - 32GB 6000mhz Vengeance
If your expecting a constant 165fps in modern AAA titles, that's not going to happen and you didn't get that with your 3090, because i didn't get that when i sold mine a year ago

did you ever install GeForce experience and let it set your games up for you

have you seen this post.. https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/weird-fps-drops-in-cod-mw3-on-a-7800xt.18984097/
getting massive FPS from in WM3 because of a Bluetooth device

Last edited:
Ive just been looking at your photos on face book and if you card is running stock... thats it will throttle at 82c and your hotspot is 85c max, your power usage is again at 330w massive and its hitting the limit for everything.
you need to install MSI afterburner and undervolt the GPU, there is a lot of youtube videos for this so im not going to explain step by step...
just go on youtube and search 4080 undervolt

also memory usage at 96% is not good.

not the best but....

Last edited:
Ive just been looking at your photos on face book and if you card is running stock... thats it will throttle at 82c and your hotspot is 85c max, your power usage is again at 330w massive and its hitting the limit for everything.
you need to install MSI afterburner and undervolt the GPU, there is a lot of youtube videos for this so im not going to explain step by step...
just go on youtube and search 4080 undervolt

also memory usage at 96% is not good.

not the best but....
Thanks I will have a look at this tomorrow.

Is this an old system or did you do clean install? Maybe old drivers or something is messing up the performance. Thay said 4080s is not much of an upgrade over 3090 - I would return it if I were you and start saving money for a new cpu+mobo+ram, then upgrade gpu with 5xxx series.

Quick update to anyone following.

I put the 3090 back in now I'm experience the same issues as the 4080 super with random fps drops. I rolled back the drivers on the gpu as well.

I'm getting less fps also with the 3090 than I did previously. Many parts I used to get 165 flat now in them parts its around 145-155

I'm lost.

Back
Top Bottom