• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4870x2 High temps under load?

Associate
OK, so I'll try to explain my situation.. I've RMA'd this card before 4870x2 for overheating. When I'm playing left 4 dead temps reach 100-111C with gpu fan at a 100%! using MSI afterburner. The card is not overclocked, so my question is is this too high? And is the flashing black lines and jitter caused by this high temp? I've been through this before and I just need this fixed once and for all, I've put up with incredibly loud fan noise and overheating issues long enough and it's making me pretty frustrated. I would have no problem with the 100% fan and everything aslong as the game actually runs fine. It's been about 8 months with this new card and the flashing black lines and jittering has just appeared now. So far it's only happening in L4D but I'm sure it has something to do with the temps. So please give me your input on what I should/can do?

Back
Top Bottom