• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4GB vs 2GB.

Soldato
I currently have a 2GB card and I'll be spending my birthday money on getting a second card for SLI, my only concern is with next gen consoles around the corner are we going to see 2GB become obsolete for ultra settings - I'm a freak for wanting to run games at near max if not max settings.

I don't want to buy another 2GB card for them both to be rendered useless in 6 months time. I know that it's very hard to push a card over 2GB (unless skyrim, triple monitor rarely pushes it over either etc etc) but I won't be upgrading this system for some time to come (2-3 years) so I want my moneys worth.

Shall I buy a 4GB 670 and sell up the 2GB card while it holds value and put the money towards another 4GB 670?

Soldato
OP
You wouldn't want to waste money on guessing that next gen consoles MIGHT make games use over 2GB as standard. If the current trend holds true then you've wasted a lot of money on a bad hunch :( ...

By the way the best way to upgrade is to sell last gens card(s) at the right point and then upgrade to next gen. This is the most cost effective way to stay on the upgrade curve otherwise 2-3 years down the line your current GPUs are worth next to nothing and you need to fork out £350 again...

Yeah I feel you, I guess I'll stick with 2GB instead of wasting money then mate. I'll probably sell up just before the Nvidia 8 series is released. Cheers guys!

Back
Top Bottom