4k is nothing compared to Ultrawide

Soldato
My LG 3440x1440 Ultrawide has been sent back for repair so whilst waiting I bought a Samsung 28" 4k monitor. I ordered it from the rainforest knowing full well I will be returning it for a full refund next week when I get mine back.

1) I have to adjust the font size to read desktop icons (minor inconvenience)

2) Game support just isn't there yet. In many games the menus are tiny

3) It feels small, at 28" I can not tell the difference between 4k and 2560x1440 apart from games have that washed out look that you get when you use a lower resolution then your display supports. This means you need to run in 4k and get small menu's and less performance

To be fair, I think a lot of my negativity is because the 28" is so much smaller than my ultrawide. Maybe if I'd got a 38" or something it would be ok. This monitor just seems small and not suited for 4k at all. From now on my advise to people will be @ 28" stick to 1440p. This is going to be a long 7-10 days. I don't really want to play any of my games on this because the small screen is ruining the experience compared to the ultrawide :(

Soldato
OP
You must have a good reason for why amazon should pay for his temporary use of a monitor. Can we hear it?

I suppose you could say that they have. It still doesn't make the entitlement complex aspect okay though!

I have not tried to justify it or argue that it is ok...

I needed a monitor while mine is getting repaired, this allows me a monitor. It's that simple :)

Although to be fair, it's no different than buying clothes online, trying them on, not being 100% happy so returning them. :D

Soldato
OP
When people buy clothes online, they often buy different sizes in order to find the ones that fit them. With the intention to return the ones that don't fit, this is an accepted practice and online clothes retailers often sell you a return stamp as well. I think this is what he meant.

This... The only difference is I didn't also buy one I intend to keep and I don't wear my monitor :)

You're doing it wrong. Minimum 40" for 4k obviously :p

Yea, I've learnt that now. Maybe next time, or if my monitor takes longer than 14 days to be repaired :D

Back
Top Bottom