• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4K upgrade advice

Associate
Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm looking to upgrade to a 4k monitor soon and I would like recommendations on a GPU upgrade if necessary.

Currently I game at 1080p but I am finding myself more inclined toward 4k. It is something I really want to do.

At the moment I am using a 980GTX Palit Superclocked. I am running it a default settings and a slightly reduced fan profile. I am willing to SLI.

PSU wattage isn't an issue and space aren't an issue either (900D).

Ideally I will add the gpu/s to my waterloop so I'll need a new radiator and a couple more fans but mainly I need advice on what could give me high settings at 4k.

I play a total range of games so aim for hardest hitters on FPS please.

If you have a 4k monitor recommendation then I'm also happy to listen

No budget set at this stage, however availability in Egypt can be a pain so most likely I will end up either importing or collecting from the UK soon.

Associate
OP
Thanks all for the replies.

I'm in a similar boat to OP, though I have already bought a 4k monitor.

Current GPUs (Titan aside) aren't really up to it, I'm hoping 1080ti appears (and delivers) else it might be a wait for the next gen.

I'll be struggling by on a 970!

How are you finding it? What sort of settings do you use or are you changing the resolution?

Back
Top Bottom