5.1 or 7.1

Soldato
Recently being thrown into the loft, my soon to be new room, which is twice as big as my current. My current room is really small and I was going to order a 2.1 speaker set as 5.1/7.1 would be pointless and wouldn't fit.

As my new room will be a lot larger 5.1 or 7.1 would be much easier to wall mount and setup around the room. What is the difference between the two setups and is it worth going from 5 to 7? And is there a quality differ?

Cheers in advance. :)

Soldato
Sinque:

I have a set of Logitech Z680s (5:1) wall mounted on the supplied brackets, and I get a very good surround sound effect out of this on all sound sources. Personally, I don't really think you will get any better surround effect from a 7:1 set up as opposed to a 5:1.

The essential thing is that they are wall mounted and positioned correctly.

In saying what I have, someone may have a different opinion. :)

Soldato
Sinque:

Found This review of them, this review "highly recommends" them.

My Z680s have given me great service, the only thing that has happened to them in 3 and a half years, is a fuse blew on them, Logitech sent me one out very quickly and they were back up and running in no time. They still sound as good as the day I got then.

Highly recommend the Support from Logitech, very good indeed. :)

Soldato
OP
jbloggs said:
Sinque:

Found This review of them, this review "highly recommends" them.

My Z680s have given me great service, the only thing that has happened to them in 3 and a half years, is a fuse blew on them, Logitech sent me one out very quickly and they were back up and running in no time. They still sound as good as the day I got then.

Highly recommend the Support from Logitech, very good indeed. :)

Rightio, cheers for that. Will be getting them then. :)

Associate
if you can set them up then(properly) yes and if u can play them loud enough to get the surround sound effect then yes...if any of the above are no then dont bother...but surround sound is better than 2.1

Soldato
Mayhs said:
if u can play them loud enough to get the surround sound effect then yes...

Volume has nothing to do with the surround effect as long as the speaker isn't so far away you can't hear it there is no need for high volumes.

go with the 5.1 with PC quality speakers etc you will notice no difference with 7.1 ans just have loads more speakers and wires messing the place up.

Back
Top Bottom