5/8" OD Tube work with 1/2" ID - 3/4" OD Compressions?

Soldato
Guys, i am in a real struggle at the minute,
i am in the final stages of my build but i need to order some compressions or at least some more fittings, i can only find 1/2ID and 3/4" OD fittings that suit my needs.

Would this work?

ASAP PLEASEEEEE

EDIT - I Am using PrimoChill 7/16" ID and 5/8" OD

Last edited:
Soldato
so you are using 7/16 by 5/8 tubing, why not just get the right size compression fitting?

they are available, ek, bitspower to name a couple, google will help you find stock

Soldato
OP
I have found them, in BP, but i need them asap! lol, and i am not 100% sure what ones ill be wanting.
sss.jpg

Soldato
Some do use 1/2 inch bp barbs and warm the end of the pipe and fit them over the barbs, this does work but I would suggest some type of clamp or cable tie on them as well, some people do use without clamps though

Soldato
Inlet in EK Supreme HF is the one nearest to the centre of the block.

Edit:Tubing size between the two(7/16 or 1/2ID) makes very little deference if not nothing at all. Just go with the one they have stock with if you have not ordered tubing or fittings.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Avathar, thanks for that, however i did know that, but my MS Paint skills are that great i forgot to do it right :)

I have the tubing here with me, and most of the barbs but i just need some compressions, i might just buy BP 45 degree male to female and use the BP 1/2" (none compression) Barbs for now, then change them to compression at a later date,.

Soldato
OP
I went to Bolton yesterday and picked up £100 worth of BP Barbs, sooo much money for them tinkers!!!

I got an EK 1/2" - 3/4" compression and it does seem to get a good grab of my tubing, the OD is deff. slack but with a little white insulation tape it could well work.

I have ordered some from OCUK with my free postage perks :)

Soldato
OP
Guys, i am now making some progress!!!
The fan that sits on the underside of the PSU Bay, i am now able to fit it on the top side of the shelf thing, Question is, do it have it push or pull?
Pushing air from the top of the case into the base to allow more air to circulate the bottom rad?
OR
Have it pulling air from the bottom of the case?

The only inlet will be via the PSU in the bottom and the bottom rad will likely have 4 fans on push-rad-pull

Associate
Off topic but looking to do a very similar build soon.

Is that a 700 or 800D? What 120.3 have you used and how thick is it? Do you have fans fitted above it? I have a TA 120.3 already so going to re-use it.

How have you mounted the reservoir and what size is it? I have a 250 which should fit. What gpu's are you using?

Are you leaving the 120.2 in the bottom like that or modifying the case to make room for 2x120 fans to draw cool air in?

Soldato
OP
This is an 800D, i am using a PA120.3 so your TA120.3 will work just the same, there is one fan fitted above it for now, just to fix it in place whilst i get it all right.
I have mounted the res on some tapped holes i put in and on a bunch of mobo stand-offs, i will be making some new mounts though, again this is just a mock up to get the height needed. I have a Multioption RES X2 250 Advanced in there.
They are a pair of GTX580 and a 2600k

The bottom rad is an EK Cool Stream and it will be staying as it is but with fans in push pull so it will have 4 fans.

OI! Get your own idea mofo! no copying me! lol

Associate
OI! Get your own idea mofo! no copying me! lol

LOL, thanks for the advice. Don't worry my spec will be slightly different overall as I will be going 2500k and 2x 6970s :p Although just looked at my old watercooling order and my rad is actually a PA120.3 too and your res is the same as mine :eek: What pump are you using?

Will you be able to get enough cool air to the bottom rad? I have seen a lot of builds where they use push pull but with a hole cut at the bottom of the case so you get cool air from there. That's what I was going to do but like the option you have come up with for simplicity.

Do you have a build thread?

Soldato
OP
Build thread will be up once the build is done so i can do it all in one go. I hate blogging. lol.

I will have only one inlet in the bottom of the case which is the PSU, so i will have the top (roof) Fans pulling into the case and then the 140mm fan on the bottom splitter pushing air into the bottom compart where it will circulate and eventually exhaust via the PSU, in essence cooling the PSU too.

Back
Top Bottom