• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

£500 limit what card do i by ?

Caporegime
Was also thinking if a wait a month i can buy a titan gpu is it worth it i.e future proff with my system ?

A one card solution is always prefered over the cumbersome at times CF/SLI.

Titan is a rip off price and you can buy 2*680 4GB's for the price of one Titan.

The rest of your spec is fine for any current GPU.

Soldato
A one card solution is always prefered over the cumbersome at times CF/SLI.

Titan is a rip off price and you can buy 2*680 4GB's for the price of one Titan.

The rest of your spec is fine for any current GPU.

Well you heard it from gregster, the titan is a rip off :p
yet he still got two :rolleyes:
Dedication that!

I would get two 7950's or a single 7970.

Permabanned
I have just ordered a EVGA GTX680 Sig2 to replace a HIS iceQ Boost 7950 CF setup....the CF setup was just too much hassle in games such as farcry and even something as simple as setting up my video playback was a PITA to get working without glitches. I would rather take the hit in potential performance than be inundated with CF and CCC issues all the time.

Soldato
And no use unless he is using 3 way sli

The card will run out of GPU grunt before even a fraction of the vram is used.

+1

I see your point but, if he does get a bigger monitor etc, or wants to sell in future.

It's good having the extra VRAM but unless you've got the grunt from a 3 way SLI set up you'll have to drop settings anyway on a triple 1920x1080 set up to achieve playable FPS.

2560x1440 is a little in the middle and there isn't much information. Here a 2 way SLI set up could potentially have the grunt to utilise more than 2GB of VRAM.

Back
Top Bottom