500bhp for less than £10k

Soldato
This surely just shows how pathetic modding rubbish engines is? 390hp? Lol. I've got just 100 less from my commuter diesel and 100 more from a standard unmodified 14 year old Sunday cruiser albeit with a big old v8 engine.
First person I have ever heard lol at 390bhp! It's not just about the power though that Mondeo would seriously shift especially with the all wheel drive conversion. And I'm guessing your daily diesel is something like a 330d etc and your Cruiser is an old muscle car of some kind that both cost far more to buy and maintain.

Soldato
So yours is a 1.8 then? I see some of the early models are 1.6 engines.

In your experience is there any common issues to look out for when buying an MX5? id be looking around 1998 sub £2K? would that be a good starting point?

Sorry for all the questions :D

it depends what you want to spend really but if you stretch your budget out you can get a mk3, it has the ford duratec engine in which is good as standard for mid 300's. mine is currently running 276bhp and a hoot to drive ! most mk2 mx5's are hanging by now. but if you do go the earlier route make sure you get a pre vvt model (pre 2001). The vvt engine does not take as well to being boosted as the earlier non vvt

Man of Honour
First person I have ever heard lol at 390bhp! It's not just about the power though that Mondeo would seriously shift especially with the all wheel drive conversion. And I'm guessing your daily diesel is something like a 330d etc and your Cruiser is an old muscle car of some kind that both cost far more to buy and maintain.
When I similar combination of parts on say a 1JZ would be producing somewhere in the neighborhood of 600bhp, 390 is a bit lol

Back
Top Bottom