• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5700X3D and AM4 pricing

Associate
Where they fully functioning silicon or did they have some defects? Why would they cut off several cores? Maybe to fulfill orders or something? *
* You could unlock Athlons to Phenoms? Wow that must've been awesome.

Last edited:
Associate
Where they fully functioning silicon or did they have some defects? Why would they cut off several cores? Maybe to fulfill orders or something? *
* You could unlock Athlons to Phenoms? Wow that must've been awesome.

Sometimes the locked cores worked fine and other times either not at all or very unstable, so was basically a lottery... my guess is that the "working" ones just failed to meet the required voltage/frequency curve of the Phenom II X4 SKU's and so were disabled by firmware. Or maybe there were a couple fully functional dies among some dud wafers. :p

I think only the Deneb core based Athlon II's could unlock.

Don
A reminder that competitor discussions is prohibited on the forums.

I've deleted the posts for now but continued mentions will result in suspensions

Back
Top Bottom