• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

580 GTX SLI - 480 GTX SLI

Associate
Hey all, would it be worth it to upgrade to a 580 GTX compared to a 480 GTX? Or should I wait for the next series of NVIDIA? What is this Kelper thing people are on about from Nvidia?

Also, the 580 gtx will work and fit into my pc wont it?

P6X58D-E ASUS

Cosair Obsidan Full Tower

Thanks!

Soldato
No,keep your 480s,thats a superb setup!

There is not a great deal of difference between the 480 and 580,ive owned both.

The only advantage would be lower temps especially with 480 SLI.

Kelper is the name of the chip that will power Nvdias next GPUs.

Last edited:
Associate
stick with the 480 mate, i wanted to go 480 sli but cant get a 480 at a decent price. im hoping my setup will play BBC3 at high settings :D (if it does not EA have failed) wait for next get of cards. 480 will give a 580 a run for its money, Only real gain you would get is a few less watts and a couple of Degrees knocked off. Hang in there with your 480 is there anything you cant play on high with your 480 ?

Associate

From looking at this, no way is it worth a costly (if you sell the 480s you'll still need to shell out another £200 or so) upgrade for another 10% performance when everything runs silky smooth as it is. The GTX480s are still very powerful cards, am still rather jealous I didn't pick up a Gigabyte one when they were £200 :(

Associate
OP
Thanks a lot guys! Will just wait for the moment then. But its really hard waiting when it comes to PC parts lol. But I will do this time!

Back
Top Bottom