• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5800x3D upgrade

Many thanks for that Skilid. I believe have updated my BIOS to the version you mentioned. Will check of course but am pretty sure. Am aiming to upgrade to get more out mainly FS2020 which I spend most of my free time. So, 3700x to an 5800x3D and planning switching my GTX 1070 to an RTX 2070s at 1440p

Last edited:
Reactions: J.D
The card is fine as played other games which ran well. Is just FS2020 at the moment. My PSU is over 7 yrs old. Ran Afterburner and shown that Power drawn exceeded over 81% when playing FS2020
Update - Strangely enough, when I switch my PSU to Eco mode, FS2020 and F1 22 runs perfectly fine. Is only when my PC gets very unstable if I switch the PSU back to AUTO bizarrely enough. Needless to say, I purchased a second-hand SuperFlower 750W Leadex Gold SF750F14 BLACK - identical to my 550W so the cables are the same

Last edited:
Reactions: J.D
Funny enough I've just had to update a Seasonic 550W PSU which was struggling with an added 5700XT. Popped in a quality Corsair HX 750W and it runs good so you should be fine with the new PSU.

I've also got a 5800X3D in my son's non-MAX B450 Tomahawk and it runs great, just make sure you're not on an old bios before putting it. For something that cost me £70 brand new it has been an amazing motherboard which demonstrates AMD's AM5 current pricing is taking the xxxx.
Am running on the latest bios. Can't afford to keep updating which is why I know that the 5800X3D will keep me happy for another few years along side with my latest RTX2070S addition

After a extremely long delay, have finally ordered a 5800x3D today - mainly used for FS2020. Hopefully this will keep me going for another couple of years with my existing mb and 2070 Super GC
Screenshot-22.png
Screenshot-21.png
Screenshot-13.png
Screenshot-23.png

Last edited:
Have installed the new 5800x3D this morning and tried FS2020. Disappointing, am getting horrendous fps - around 14fps. Tried everything but no luck. This is running with my RTX 2700 Super at 1440p with 32GB ram. On my old 3700x, was getting around 35fps

UPDATE!!
It's performing well now after reinstalling the Nvidia drivers :)

Last edited:
apologies if already been covered and I have missed it, but only thing i can think that might be causing drops like that is thermal throttling.

Assuming you have a decent cooling setup on the CPU and its behaving temps wise?
Think you have a point here. Got the AMD own Prism cooler and temps running into 80s when starting Fs2020 then game freezes

Last edited:
Thermal throttling? Check your cooler is properly seated. Have you done a mobo BIOS update ok yeah?
Have latest BIOS installed and cooler is seated properly too. Just weird as other games works fine.. just FS2020 playing up. most times just freezes while loading from an selected airport. Deleted scenery cache and switched off rolling cache but problems still exists

If you reset all BIOS settings to default temporarily does that make any difference? Are you monitoring CPU temperatures and clockspeeds? If you run a Cinebench CPU multicore test we can see whether it's performing correctly.
CPU temp is a little high due to the fact I'm still using the original AMD Prism cooler which came with my old 3700x. Have ran Cinebench and performed correctly All BIOS settings appear to be correct and defaulted. I'm starting to think maybe FS2020 is corrupted so maybe have to reinstall:eek:

Last edited:
Right, did a bit of testing before I come to a conclusion regarding FS2020. Been playing various discovery flights with no problems whatsoever. But when I want to fly via world map, this is where the problems lies. Am confused

Back
Top Bottom