• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5870 card dimensions

Associate
Please can someone list the actual size of the card? I cannot find it anywhere.

I hope it is as long as my 8800gtx or else i need a new case :(

Associate
Is there a list of cases which can accommodate it? I know cases in general have increased in size but that extra inch might prove a bit of a headache, even for popular gaming chassis.

The Antec 900/1200 for instance, I know fitting a pair of 8800s/GTX280s/295s/4870x2s etc could sometimes be quite tight, especially if one was also looking to cram in 3+ HDDs.

Associate
OP
Not really happy to be honest, i mean to get a new card i need a new case. Like balth said, would be good to know if there was a list of case which can harbour this new guy.

Associate
Also, make sure you pick a card with the power outlets on the side rather than the end. I've just had an RMA replacement that has the power on the end, and I'm damn glad I got the Antec 1200 at Xmas!

ION

ION

Associate
Ah not for me its for a friend but dont him buying 5870 unless it can fit inside (if you could post me the distance to the hd bays that would be great).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom