• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5870 Vs "6870" ..

Associate
I've seen people saying the 6870 is going to BLOW away the 5870... (i didnt know any benchmarks were out for it?) but will it really? I bought my 5870around 4-5 months ago and was planning on getting a 2nd when the 6000 series comes out (and the price tags for the 5000 series lowers) and xfireing them.

I do try to keep my pc just in the high end range, without going too mad price wise. Mostly so i can play most games on Very high or high. So will getting two 5870's be good enough to run most games in the near future at high? (Not counting the spec hungry games like metro 2033 :p ) or will it be worthless compared to just one 6870.

I have a feeling no info is out about the 6870 yet, and its mostly the hardcore ATI fan boys starting the hype early :p lol So just in your Opinion. As i allready have a 5870 would i see a better improvment getting a 2nd 5870, or selling my 5870 (£200 minus the bay fee's -_-) and spending out another £200 on a 6870)

Associate
OP
i love it when you guys talk all teckie :D
blows my mind that you know all this stuff and to be able to type it out knowing exactly what it all means.
me, all i want to know, will my wife let me get one ? :D

Lol me too!.. but i hate when u get nerds/geeks on here argueing over petty little things like its a matter of life and death -_- I start a new job in two weeks working in a college IT department >< lol hope they dont expect me to know half of this :p All i know is how to make em, keep em up and running and remove nasty iky virus's :p

....P.s ..guys all i wanted was a yes or no to getting a 2nd 5870 :p not to start a nerdy world war 3 lol

Back
Top Bottom