• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5900x Low TimeSpy Score

Associate
Hi All,

Just installed my 5900x and wanted to see how it compares to my 3900x.

Ran TimeSpy and it only got 10,000 which seems incredibly low. I think my 3900x actually beat this.

During the benchmark the CPU did not hit 70 degrees (aio cooled).

Anyone got any ideas as to what I should look into to see what maybe causing the low score?

Many thanks

Associate
OP
All cores show up in task manager/ryzen master.

I have 2 memory modules. Fairly high end 2x16 gig 3200 cl14s. In slots A2 and B2.

I will check to see if they are being picked up properly and maybe ill try an oc on them as they oc very well.

I suspected it could be a memory issue.

Associate
OP
UPDATE

So figured out that my memory was being restricted to 2133mhz. Changed this too 3200 mhz.

When running TimeSpy my score increased to just over 11,000. So its still slower than normal but getting there.

This time though the CPU didn't go above 60c. This makes me feel something is causing the cpu to not use its full potential. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom