• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5900x to 5700x3d

Soldato
I have a 5900x which I bought for CPD work but now only use it for gaming. For a while I had it in 6 core mode as I forgot to restore both CCDs after doing some testing. I didn't notice any difference.

I can get a 5700x3d for £140. It will be paired with 32GB of 3200Mhz DDR4 and RTX 3080.

My 5900x will go to a friend as an upgrade over the 3600 as he does a lot of heavily multitasking (he has offered to pay the same £140).

That 3600 might even go to his friend with a 2600 - which might end up in a second PC reducing my friends need for an upgrade...

Anyway, is this a good idea for all involved?

Soldato
It depends on what you play to a degree, but certainly it's an upgrade for gaming. I moved from a 5800X to a 5800X3D last year and it provided a massive boost to my minimum framerate in my main game (World of Warcraft). I thought I might move to AM5 some time this year, but I feel absolutely zero compulsion to now. I think an X3D-equipped AM4 setup will comfortably last until AM6 rolls around at this stage.

Back
Top Bottom