• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5950X £960? Nah mate

Soldato
Ah I was talking about the 5900X being 750 at the moment and I think the guy who responded to me thought I was talking about the 5950X. So I could buy a 5900X at the RRP of the 5950X

So yeah it is a bit of a jump from £510 to £750!

Ah £694 is the cheapest in stock price I have seen at moment. A few places have been drip fed CPU's at £540. But yeah a number places have them as high as £799 in stock!

Edit: And lowest price to date have seen is £504.49

Soldato
Down to £899 now.

Think we'll see sub £800 or no?

Of course we will. If you try selling over the price that people are prepared to pay and those people then don't buy it, then you have to drop the price or you won't sell it.
At the moment, OCUK have stock and others don't. But OCUK know full well they only have a limited time before others do have stock, hence the price drop. It won't entice me until it's back very near near to MSRP and i can choose where to buy it from.

Associate
At the moment, OCUK have stock and others don't.from.

Problem for OCUK is that other places do have stock, and have had for over a week now showing that the supply side is improving, and its cheaper. A quick look around now shows 5950x available at major retailer for £849.99

I suspect you will see prices here track other retailers in a generally downwards direction as we go forward into Q3. If you want a cheaper 5900x/5950x just wait, prices are only going one way ;)

Associate
I keep getting discord alerts for the 5900x and 5950x daily at the moment, each time it's OCUK. Clearly these aren't selling well at this price to the surprise of no one, as anytime these processors appear from a big box store, the alert comes and goes, not repeatedly pining away with availability. Would love to know how much more OCUK are being charged if they are having to price these so much over MSRP.

Associate
As someone who is in the market for a 5950x eventually. This is really good to see, stock been available, and selling slowly due to high prices.
This will eventually force retailers, to honour the rrp, and at which point I'll buy one. :D

Associate
I keep getting discord alerts for the 5900x and 5950x daily at the moment, each time it's OCUK. Clearly these aren't selling well at this price to the surprise of no one, as anytime these processors appear from a big box store, the alert comes and goes, not repeatedly pining away with availability. Would love to know how much more OCUK are being charged if they are having to price these so much over MSRP.

No way they're selling at this price!

Last edited:
Associate
They're not being charged more. I posted how much 5900x and 5950x costs to retailers previously.

All the main PC retailers use the same supplier

Well that's pretty poor if true, then again I can't really say I'm shocked at them charging way above msrp.
I have noticed the prices have dropped significantly, making them merely laughably overpriced as opposed to offensively overpriced. Showing as 10+ available, maybe people aren't quite as stupid as I thought...

Caporegime
They're not being charged more. I posted how much 5900x and 5950x costs to retailers previously.

All the main PC retailers use the same supplier

If they're available from the same supplier all the main PC retailers use then why don't all the main PC retailers have stock?

Caporegime
I assume bigger the retailer the more leeway/stock you can get from said suppliers. Another big retailer had over 130 5950xs in stock last week at near MSRP and they all sold out. I'm unsure what stock numbers OCUK has at the moment but I'm guessing OCUK has priced them so high people are refusing to buy them hence the £50 price cut.

So there is a limited supply and OcUK are a smaller company than you perhaps think.

Soldato

Big box store...what's one of those?

bru

bru

Soldato
Ok prices have come down a bit more, with the 5900 now @£630 and the 5950 @£840.

Just out of interest what are the UK MSRP prices for the two Ryzen 9 CPU's is it £549 and £749 ???

Soldato
If you are going to try and correct someone ,, at least use the correct prices.
£509.99 and £749.99 were the announced MSRP prices in the UK. ✌

I'm only reflecting on the new disti pricing for MSRP, the 5950X maybe be £679, depends on the margins applied once stock normalises to allow MSRP in the first place. I know right shocking eh, prices can change. ;)

Associate
I'm only reflecting on the new disti pricing for MSRP, the 5950X maybe be £679, depends on the margins applied once stock normalises to allow MSRP in the first place. I know right shocking eh, prices can change. ;)

And I was was only answering the other poster who asked what was the original MSRP of the chips , before you butted in with the wrong price. ✌

The current prices from AMD for the chips are £472.72 and £687.97.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom