• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5m DisplayPort cable @ 1440p 144hz

Associate
Hello

I'm looking for a DisplayPort cable that can support a monitor with 1440p @ 144hz. I saw on another forum that you need at least DisplayPort 1.2. The monitor I'm planning to buy has a DisplayPort 1.2 port on the back.
I don't know if it's possible to transfer this much data over 5m.
Would I need an active cable for this distance, would a passive be enough?

I hope that somebody can help me with this problem.

Btw.
I don't know if I posted this problem in the right category. I thought that this was the most suiting.

Soldato
Hello

I'm looking for a DisplayPort cable that can support a monitor with 1440p @ 144hz. I saw on another forum that you need at least DisplayPort 1.2. The monitor I'm planning to buy has a DisplayPort 1.2 port on the back.
I don't know if it's possible to transfer this much data over 5m.
Would I need an active cable for this distance, would a passive be enough?

I hope that somebody can help me with this problem.

Btw.
I don't know if I posted this problem in the right category. I thought that this was the most suiting.

What you need is Club3D CAC-1061. Is 5 metres, DP1.4/Hbr3 Cable and supports 8K 60Hz.
I have it's 4m variant and yes supports Freesync also because is DP1.4

Associate
OP
What you need is Club3D CAC-1061. Is 5 metres, DP1.4/Hbr3 Cable and supports 8K 60Hz.
I have it's 4m variant and yes supports Freesync also because is DP1.4

Thanks for your reply. Is it possible to use a DisplayPort 1.4 Cable in a DisplayPort 1.2 monitor? If so I will look in to the cable you mentioned.
Again thanks for the reply :)

Man of Honour
£45 for a cable! yeeks

This is the problem at longer lengths with Displayport (or HDMI) and higher resolutions/refresh :( cheaper cables are very hit and miss and what might work for one person might completely fail to get a stable picture for another, etc. and even the more expensive ones are no guarantee but a bit better chance. As I've mentioned before I think I had to go through around a dozen cables to get 120Hz stable at any distance from my laptop and the one that actually works I bought another of and the second one isn't stable (for that use - works fine in other scenarios) despite seemingly identical aside from being very slightly longer (probably less than 1cm difference).

Soldato
I have the 4m version of the Club 3D cable and it works perfectly. The one I was using before was causing some intermittent flickering at 1440p/144Hz, but I haven't seen this miss a beat over the past couple of months with a few different graphics cards. They're pretty thick though (thicker than my H1000i's power cable), so a little difficult to route.

Back
Top Bottom