• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6600 Defaults

Associate
WHats the delfault settings for a 6600 conroe...FSB, multiplier, voltage etc. to run at standard 2.4Ghz...Ive looked for it online but struggled to find. Also...when running 1:1 what wil the memory run at (same as FSB I guess)

Thanks

Associate
it totally depends on the rest of your setup, eg: speed of memory, etc.
can you not just set BIOS to optimum defaults? This will set your cpu to default speed and automatically set up a compatible FSB speed and memory divider for you

Associate
OP
havent built system yet...maybe tomorow or thursday. Ive only built AMD systems before and this is my first Intel...usually I know what the FSB and multipliers should be as defualt...ie 200x10 for my 3800x2 cpu. Not sure what it is for the Conroe 6600. Just want to know so I know everything is set properly in BIOS.

RJC

RJC

Don
Hi,

My 6600 default is 266 FSB with a multiplier of 9.
Memory speed will depend on what type you go for, at the moment im using the geil pc 6400 ultra which has the recommended settings stickers on the heat spreader.

Voltages can not remember - default settings on my DFI work ok.

Hope the above helps :)
Rob

Man of Honour
iirc the defaults on the 4mb cores (conroe core) are .025 more than the 2mb cores.

i.e E6600 1.325 - E6300 1.3

If you leave all settings to auto/default then on some motherboards your vcore and multis adjust with the amount of cpu load.

Back
Top Bottom