• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6700XT Fighter Dead/No Signal

Associate
I bought a Powercolour 6700XT Fighter, from here that I'm only now getting round to building, which doesn't seem to be working.

The system doesn't seem to be getting any signal from the card, and the fans on the card don't spin at start up, though I've noticed they do briefly when I power down the system.

I have tried another card in the system, everything works as it should, can get into the BIOS, windows etc

I have tried different DP and HDMI cables, I have tried different PCI-E cables. Cleared the CMOS.

The system is a Gigabyte a320m, Ryzen 3600, 1 stick of Crucial 16GB 3600mhz (don't ask, will have to run slower than this), Corsair 750W PSU.

I have tried the Fighter in another system, with exactly the same results, no signal whatsoever. This was on a MSI B450 board, and the ezdbug lights up that there is an issue with the VGAVGA.

I'm not sure what else to try, I was thinking of updating the BIOS, but the fact the system works with another card has me scratching my head.

Any thoughts or ideas on what to try next?

Man of Honour
I bought a Powercolour 6700XT Fighter, from here that I'm only now getting round to building, which doesn't seem to be working.

The system doesn't seem to be getting any signal from the card, and the fans on the card don't spin at start up, though I've noticed they do briefly when I power down the system.

I have tried another card in the system, everything works as it should, can get into the BIOS, windows etc

I have tried different DP and HDMI cables, I have tried different PCI-E cables. Cleared the CMOS.

The system is a Gigabyte a320m, Ryzen 3600, 1 stick of Crucial 16GB 3600mhz (don't ask, will have to run slower than this), Corsair 750W PSU.

I have tried the Fighter in another system, with exactly the same results, no signal whatsoever. This was on a MSI B450 board, and the ezdbug lights up that there is an issue with the VGAVGA.

I'm not sure what else to try, I was thinking of updating the BIOS, but the fact the system works with another card has me scratching my head.

Any thoughts or ideas on what to try next?

If you have an old card disable CMS in the bios might just get it firing up. Had the same with a 6700xt (sapphire) in an x399 prime. The thing just wouldn't boot if CMS/Raid were enabled.

Associate
OP
DOA from the looks of it. Cannot say I'm surprised with it being powercolor.

I'm really hoping that's not the case.

If you have an old card disable CMS in the bios might just get it firing up. Had the same with a 6700xt (sapphire) in an x399 prime. The thing just wouldn't boot if CMS/Raid were enabled.

Thanks for this, will take another look in the BIOS later and report back.

Associate
Mine arrived dead too, but try the cms thing who knows. I'm pretty sure my card was dead because the next one worked fine. But that's me/my system.

Soldato
Same, I had a dead one too, it was properly dead aswell, the system wouldn't even power on at all, not even for a second, just tripped the psu protection circuit (could hear it click) as soon as you pushed the power button, like you I tried it on 2 different systems with the same result. OcUK replaced it for me within a week anyway and I am happy now, they were able to replace it like for like so I got another Powercolor Fighter and I'm happy with it now, nice card.

However what you are describing doesn't sound the same to me, it sounds like your card just isn't outputting a signal it's not actually stopping your system powering on so different problem. I was given some advice to try an HDMI cable if I wasn't using a known good VESA certified displayport 1.4 cable, in my case of course that wasn't the issue becasue I wasn't getting that far, but you are by the sounds of it, so can you try an HDMI cable if you aren't already using one ?

Also, the other thing I've seen advised is manually forcing PCI-E gen 3 in the bios rather than leaving it on auto. Obviously you will need your other card to do this first.

Man of Honour
Same, I had a dead one too, it was properly dead aswell, the system wouldn't even power on at all, not even for a second, just tripped the psu protection circuit (could hear it click) as soon as you pushed the power button, like you I tried it on 2 different systems with the same result. OcUK replaced it for me within a week anyway and I am happy now, they were able to replace it like for like so I got another Powercolor Fighter and I'm happy with it now, nice card.

However what you are describing doesn't sound the same to me, it sounds like your card just isn't outputting a signal it's not actually stopping your system powering on so different problem. I was given some advice to try an HDMI cable if I wasn't using a known good VESA certified displayport 1.4 cable, in my case of course that wasn't the issue becasue I wasn't getting that far, but you are by the sounds of it, so can you try an HDMI cable if you aren't already using one ?

Also, the other thing I've seen advised is manually forcing PCI-E gen 3 in the bios rather than leaving it on auto. Obviously you will need your other card to do this first.

Powercolour have really not done great here! The board in the OP is an a320 so i'm not entirely sure there will be any options for pci-e gen 4. I just feels like it's not put together quite as nicely as the other AIB's and DOA's seem quite high.

Soldato
Powercolour have really not done great here! The board in the OP is an a320 so i'm not entirely sure there will be any options for pci-e gen 4. I just feels like it's not put together quite as nicely as the other AIB's and DOA's seem quite high.

There have been 2 or 3 DOA I am aware of from the batch of ...50 was it? ...I think, that seems quite a high number considering tbh.

I saw it was an A320, while very basic I would still expect it to have an option to set this, I know it doesn't support gen 4, but neither does my Z490 board, but I do have an option to select how the PCI-E slot behaves, does it let the the board auto select the generation or does it force it to 3, 2 or 1. My B450 has this too, you can force it if you wish, I don't need to with My PC Fighter card, that was never an issue for me, but worth a shot based on what other have said.

Soldato
Also maybe try a different Monitor lead just to make sure , also could the fans not spinning be temp ?
Yes indeed, and specifically try an HDMI cable if you are using a displayport cable now, the Powercolor Fighter does stop the fans just after initial power on, presumably once it's vbios has initialised and it wont start them until it either gets loaded or once you boot into Windows if you have the drivers apply an overclock.

Back
Top Bottom