690 II cable management woes

Soldato
I received my 690 II today and had been having visions of having a nice, neat and tidy looking system but its turned out to be extremely disappointing even if it is my first ever attempt at cable management/routing.

28jbrd3.jpg

In the above picture the two red arrows point to the ugly wires from my and rear and top exhausts connected to the fan headers.

The yellow arrow points to the 4 pin power connection that will only reach in that way.

The green circles point to the horrendously ugly mess of multi coloured wires. Most from my front panel connections.

But things get really bad on the other side.

102r2b9.jpg

Firstly, this picture does not show my final attempt. Its the aftermath of cable tying everything down only to find that the right case panel doesn't even come close fitting back back and so i cut most of the ties.

The big red circle shows all the front panel cables that i just cant seem to do anything with. Tying them down over the other cables just doesn't leave enough room for the panel to fit back on.

The small red circle shows a bunch of molex connections that power my front intake fan and LED. They too seem to cause issues with getting panel back on.

The red arrow points to the PCI-E cable going my graphics card and its rigid shape also causes issues.

I really dont know where to start to try and get this to actually work.

:confused::confused::confused:

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all that x51m017x. If you have any super large images of your cable work, especially all the front panel stuff, i'd really appreciate it.

I'll look in to cable braiding although i dont know what i'm mean to do with that link :)

Thanks again.

Soldato
OP
Thanks again everybody. I went to ******s today about about 20 millions cable ties and cable bases. Spent about 2 hours being very methodical and i've had much better results this time. I can even get the right side panel one now!!!! I'll post some pics later on.

Quick question though. I thought the bottom HDD rack was supposed to be removable? Mine seems to be thoroughly riveted in and doesn't budge an inch.

Back
Top Bottom