• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6950 Vs 570

Associate
Hi Guys,

My set-up is:

600W PSU
I5-2500K OC 4.5GHz
4GB Ram
MSI Twin Frozr 6950 2GB Ram OC

The graphics card is faulty so I have been offered a direct replacement or a MSI GeForce GTX 570 OC Twin FrozR III Power Edition 1280MB.

I have no experience of this card, so can anyone comment on which would be better? I mainly use for videos and gaming, currently playing Skyrim on 2560x1440, Ultra with 60fps (dipping sometimes but genereally stable).

I have tried the Mass Effect 3 demo (my next purchase) and get the same kind of performance.

Should I stick with the 6950 (any experience OC this one to 6970?) or will I see enough of a difference to go with the nVidia card?

Thanks.

Associate
OP
thanks for all the input guys, but it seems that the camp is split. Still not too sure what to go for :(

Will mny PSU be able to handle overclocking the 570, or even a 7950 if I go the upgrade route?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the input guys. Still not 100% but leaning towards the 570.

Also, not playing BF3 at all on the PC, had it on the Xbox360. PC was bought originally for Starcraft 2 and Diablo (if it ever comes out).

Associate
OP
thanks for all the advice guys, I have gone with the 570.

I'm not that clued up on RAM, but will I be able to mix ram? I have 2x2GB in there are the moment, if I add one stick of 8 or 2x4 in addition, will that work?

If not, is it better to replace with 2x4GB or get another 2X2GB

Back
Top Bottom