6950X and Titan SLI Advice

Associate
Hey,

I have a couple of questions that I would like some clarity on please:

1) I have a 6950X that I can clock to at least 4.5 across all cores and its stable, very pleased, however even on stock clocks I am getting a strange multiplier drop every 30 seconds or so to 1.2 on Core0 only - any idea why or how to stop it? Do I care? Temps never get beyond 45 degrees as under water.

2) It seems that everyone can get +220 core by +500 mem on their Pascal Titan X cards - I have two of them (awaiting blocks so on air at the moment) in SLI and cannot get beyond +195 and around +225 (although not pushed the mem yet) before firestrike ultra bench crashes out with a driver fail. I have tried both cards separately and I seem to get the same results on both. Surely this can't be silicon lottery on both cards - any idea what I'm doing wrong? Could it be my mobo? Temperature on the cards doesn't seem to get beyond 60-70 degrees and it is set to 90 degrees on 100 power.

I am using Intel Command center for the CPU deets along with CPUZ. I am using Afterburner for the GPU's.

My mobo is a Godlike Gaming Carbon.

Any and all suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Cheers
Ras

Soldato
1) Multi dropping isn't an issue, I would expect this and under load to hit the overclocked speed

2) I may be wrong but I thought that running multiple cards could have an impact on the ability to overclock. However, does it really matter?

Could always check the ASIC on both to see if they're the same or not...

Associate
OP
1) Multi dropping isn't an issue, I would expect this and under load to hit the overclocked speed

2) I may be wrong but I thought that running multiple cards could have an impact on the ability to overclock. However, does it really matter?

Could always check the ASIC on both to see if they're the same or not...

Cheers

1) Although it does it even when left at stock speeds?

2) I didnt know that mate, thanks! I will check the ASIC and see whats what - not sure if it matters, hence my question! :) EDIT: ASIC read from GPUZ is not supported on the Titan X - or so it says....

Thanks again! :)
Cheers
Ras

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom