• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6950xt or 7800xt

Associate
Time to upgrade my 1080ti.

I am looking at the XFX Merc Speedster 319 6950xt and Sapphire Nitro 7800xt.

Both are priced at £569.99.

Which would be the better purchase?

Thanks.

6950 XT all day long for me.

I recently built a PC for a friend using the XFX 6950 XT and it's a stunning looking card.

Last edited:
Associate
On paper seems like 6950 is the better deal but a) its an older card so you at risk that some new features will only be avi for newer gen b) you get 5% more performance but that card has really high power consumption
I wouldnt pay 570 for 7800xt - just few days ago you could get that nitro for 515. If you consider energy savings that is overall a much cheaper and newer gen card while you just lose on 5% performance.
I'd rather buy 7800xt or 7900xt (which hopefully you can get for closer to 700 with black friday deals).

Associate
Neither, I wouldn't buy a 6950XT now for the reasons others have outlines, and 7800XT is too expensive. Sadly that's the tale for every GPU is at least £100 too expensive, some are a lot more than that.

It's not like you have no card so i'd just wait a while.

Soldato
Soldato
Bear in mind that to have a sale a price must be higher for 21 days beforehand. This means that November is FULL of higher priced products in preparation for sales at the end of the month for Xmas. November is a poor time to buy anything due to the likelyhood of higher prices (the 21 days at the higher price requirement) before a sale

Soldato
wonder the chances of it coming to for us, now they coming to europe as standalone

Associate
Now if AMD was smart... Releasing an RX 7900 card with same specs as GRE but higher clocks would give a nice bridge to the current price gaps...

Back
Top Bottom