7 Days to Die >> version 1 soon

Associate
No current thread for this - so created a new one.

I played this game many, many years ago and hated it.
But I just saw a youtuber play this (Pestily - an escape from Tarkov streamer) and thought it looked quite good - better than I remember.
They'd managed to get a early peek at the new version 1 release (it's currently on an Alpha release for us normies), so I thought I'd give it another go.

The first go I whacked all the settings right down as I don't want a zombie chewing on my head whilst I try to find the jump button, but thought the game was just too easy. I hid, quaking in my makeshift house on the first night after getting kicked out of the (what I thought was a brilliant idea) indestructible trader post on a hill nearby.

It wasn't until the 3 day that I realised I hadn't seen 1 zombie in all my time... I'd managed to turn them off in the settings... doh.
So, my second go with them turned on... what a difference, they sure are sneaky, not smart, just sneaky. Brilliant fun so far.
I'm just setting up my base on the third night, as it probably starts to ramp up from now on, on top of an old radio shack as it has limited access. Fingers crossed.

As OP is still years behind, you can play version 1.0 on steam now, just go to the beta options
Well, that's just unfair. I don't have that option for me, just older alpha releases. Unless it's the 'latest_experimental' unstable one?

edit: Just seen an update from yesterday saying they're taking the password protection of the V1.0 experimental build. So it was the latest_experimental one :)

Thanks for that. Off to try it out

I've only had this for 2 days and already have 16 hours in it :)

Last edited:
Okay, PSA if, like me, you haven't played this game for a decade...doing a POI (a building you have a mission to clear or find something in) follow the unlocked doors.
I went from doing small houses and if I saw a locked door, I'd smash it down and go where I pleased.
However, when tackling a =n enormous factory with several floors and attached buildings I got lost trying to find the last few zombies to kill. So much that I ran out of food and water and had to quit the mission.
However I got another chance to do this same quest and I suddenly realised that locked doors are to be ignored as 'don't go this way yet'. Follow the unlocked doors/smashed windows or planks crossing rooms... there's a route always.
Every POI is basically a puzzle - that saved my sanity working that out :)

Second thing I found after another POI that I started to get lost in... I can also climb ropes! I thought they were decoration but found I could climb up one and found the ongoing route.

If any veterans of this game have any other 'simple' tips that other people might miss, wade in.
ta

Back
Top Bottom