• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7500 to a 6700K

Soldato
OP
Just a quick question on my new 7700 temps?

I just finished a sesh of CS GO (now I know thats not a demanding game) but my temps are a little high..my GPU (RX 580) averaged about low 50c in CS:GO..but..my CPU averaged mid 60c :eek::eek:

Do they seem OK temps? I havent played FC5, BF1 or PUBG etc yet, but imagine it will increase with those games? IS it likely to go through the roof for temps? What would the max "safe" / "ldeal" temps for this chip?

Also im using a Noctua NH-U9S 92mm cooler.

Soldato
Just a quick question on my new 7700 temps?

I just finished a sesh of CS GO (now I know thats not a demanding game) but my temps are a little high..my GPU (RX 580) averaged about low 50c in CS:GO..but..my CPU averaged mid 60c :eek::eek:

Do they seem OK temps? I havent played FC5, BF1 or PUBG etc yet, but imagine it will increase with those games? IS it likely to go through the roof for temps? What would the max "safe" / "ldeal" temps for this chip?

Also im using a Noctua NH-U9S 92mm cooler.

LOL,that isn't that bad!! :p My Xeon E3 1230 V2/Core i7 3770 with an H40 AIO in a SFF system,tends to hit around 65C to 70C.

Soldato
60's is nothing especially on a hot summers day.

My 3570k clocked up used to run at 87c.

You will probably never have to worry about temps as you are not overclocking and are using aftermarket cooler.

I think they start throttling at around 90c but yours shouldnt get any where near that unless cooler is not working properly.

Soldato
OP
Well im guessing my temps are ok going by what youz have said. Thanks guys!

Will play some BF1 tomorrow and see. Cause the only thing worrying my was those temps weren't even really "taxing" the CPU (3-4 threads very very low usage?)

Also, my max usage on CS GO for the "overall" cores/threads were 57%, so im guessing that there is still a lot of headroom for performance if its currently in the 50's???

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hey guys,

Just finished a sesh of BF1. Played for around 30-40 minutes in 64 man MP. My temps when I quit were GPU - 60c avg. and the CPU - 70 avg.

Do they seem ok, im guessing there are not many games / game modes that would stress the system much higher for temps and usage etc..

Soldato
OP
Seems fine to me, 70c is nothing to worry about on the CPU and 60c certainly not with the GPU.

Great, thanks for the swift reply.

one issue though :confused: my GPU has returned back down to an idle temp of 25c which it is around about. But the CPU is taking forever to go back down to 34c-35c ish and is hovering around 38c-40c? :eek::confused:

Is that because there is still hot air etc .. for the GPU and what not, so will take longer to come down again?

Sorry about all the stress guys, im a bit of a paranoid android when it comes to my technology :p:p

Soldato
OP
Can someone please advise with my CPU idle / basic usage temps? Its around 37-38 at "near" idle, but it is super super hot ion my house atm?

Associate
Hey guys,

Just finished a sesh of BF1. Played for around 30-40 minutes in 64 man MP. My temps when I quit were GPU - 60c avg. and the CPU - 70 avg.

Do they seem ok, im guessing there are not many games / game modes that would stress the system much higher for temps and usage etc..

For what its worth, I run a 6700 at stock with a Hyper TX3i. BF1 is by far the most CPU intensive game I run, and its normally a good 5-8c hotter after a 1hr+ session than the same with R6 siege or FIFA.

BF1 hits all 8 threads at 100% during loading and my temps peak between rounds rather than actually playing rounds.

Back
Top Bottom